TSN Originals

Vasi

18 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

Wow that looks good,the post game show today was good ,lets hope they dont forget about futbol after this WC

Lets hope. But they wont get canada soccer games untill medai pros contract runs out. Bell media does not want to let onesoccer on their cable package, so there is no way media pro sublets the right to TSN out of principle. 

But I hope they have more european soccer. They have Laliga. Lets hope they get more. 

53 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Lets hope. But they wont get canada soccer games untill medai pros contract runs out. Bell media does not want to let onesoccer on their cable package, so there is no way media pro sublets the right to TSN out of principle. 

But I hope they have more european soccer. They have Laliga. Lets hope they get more. 

based on theathletic's reporting, they'll probably keep some portion of MLS linear rights (likely a match of the week scenario)

28 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

A full hour dubbed "Countdown to Qatar: Canada Kickoff" on TSN 4/5 starting now.

Edit: Stunning, streamlined, if not understated studio. Also, these guys are killing it. Great banter with quality analysis so far.

They have been doing this show every night the past few days

2 hours ago, Vasi said:

I don't get this take. Hasn't Mediapro's strategy always been to produce and sell content elsewhere? My understanding was that they only created OneSoccer once they realized the Canadian companies weren't going to play ball. They've seemed open to selling their product so far

Edited by Aird25

2 hours ago, Vasi said:

It's Rogers that has gone on record with the CRTC to say no to OneSoccer. Last word is that Bell & OneSoccer were still talking. 

Rogers/Bell have imposed budget cuts/layoffs due to falling subs and lower ad rates as the 18-49 group keeps on watching less linear tv. So, even if a top 5 Euro league is available, they're not in a position to pay more than they declined to pay about 5 years ago when they lost the rights to streaming platforms. TSN is also barely exploiting the potential of its la Liga rights.

It has been hinted that Bell has promised big World Cup numbers to advertisers. So, it is in the best interest of their bottom line to promote it more than seen in 2018. It seems to be working (with help from Canada being in) as Bell's CFO reported earlier this month that World Cup ad revenues were already higher by 50% compared to 2018. This will help to offset the much reduced revenues from the World Juniors from last holidays and likely this year.

On 11/17/2022 at 7:00 PM, Razcal said:

Too bad TSN isn't using the 4k HDR streams.

Not going to bother subbing to the channel for that. Instead I'll use a VPN and watch the 4K BBC feed.

Streaming from an app on cellphone? If you don’t mind please share the link of the app . Thanks