Bahrain vs Canada - Friday, November 11th - 10:30am EST / 7:30am Pacific - Isa Town, Bahrain

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Simply put.

Anndd the return of Wotherspoon.

Yeah unfortunately Fraser is out even though he should be in ahead of MAK. Hutch, Staq, Oso in the middle and then our cover is Kone and Wotherspoon. MAK along for the ride because I don't think Herdman wants to risk any drama for that remaining spot.

13 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Fraser for me moved up the pecking order, but he may have been too far down with the emergence of Kone to make the trip.

I have always liked Fraser.  I get that he is not as young as many of those teens that TFC was trialing the past two years but I see him as a better prospect than all of those guys except for JMR.

I think Fraser is very useful but I think that he has a bit of a ceiling though.   

Edited by Free kick

13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Conclusion: Kone man of the match for Canada.

Osorio got his minutes, and Piette held up correctly. The rest of the MLS guys got some game pace. 

All were acceptable, except maybe Waterman and Kaye. And Ayo, who is nowhere near anyways.

St. Clair likely is not as good as Crepeau, and a much clearer step down from Borjan than Maxime.

Henry "didn't play" his way onto the team. 

Disagree on Piette, on both of their goals he was not getting back defensively at all.

9 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Fraser was better than Kaye in this match. Fraser is underrated IMO. He  needs to avoid yellows.

I agree that he is bit under rated.  But i am not ready put him ahead of MAK in the pecking order.    MAK is more versatile IMHO.

Edited by Free kick

3 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

Cavallini really about to meh himself into a World Cup because we have no other options. Missed opportunity for some guys.

Hopefully Akinola can regain form with a full offseason. It was always going to be tough playing catchup midseason.

Amongst the top ten goal scorers for Canada, Cavallini has the second-best strike rate, behind only David (and vaguely had something to do with our second today).  Maybe he'll pot a couple in Qatar.

1 minute ago, vancanman said:

Amongst the top ten goal scorers for Canada, Cavallini has the second-best strike rate, behind only David (and vaguely had something to do with our second today).  Maybe he'll pot a couple in Qatar.

Doubt he sees the pitch in all honesty…

The players among whom final roster spots must be distributed include ZBG, Fraser, Kaye, Waterman, Cornelius, and Edwards. Injuries to others may affect this. Bear in mind that the turf was hideous and that may have negatively affected playing styles.

Doe anybody know the extent of Henry's injury? I cannot imagine any more bizarre event than his injury during warm up in a game in which he needs to play.

FWIW, Macnaughton played quite well today.

Every time I see Kone, I come away thinking more and more he should be in our starting 11.  Yes he should have finished his header, but he got into that position.  He had 2 good passes into the box in the final 10.  I wondered what would have happened if that had been Davies receiving those balls.  Kone is just a class above for me.

Just now, prairiecanuck said:

Every time I see Kone, I come away thinking more and more he should be in our starting 11.  Yes he should have finished his header, but he got into that position.  He had 2 good passes into the box in the final 10.  I wondered what would have happened if that had been Davies receiving those balls.  Kone is just a class above for me.

Yep,  needs to be in the middle of the pitch too

46 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Probably the worst I've seen from Johnston and Miller in a Canadian jersey.  At least in a long time.

Has to be because waterman is in the middle. He was sooo far off the level today.  Watch him defend 1v1 or even 2v1 for the pk. He drops off him man every time giving them space. He should never be split for the past that led to the pk.  All his passing was backwards or sideways. I watched him specifically to see if he made forward passes and he hardly made any.  We had miller at times coming all the way across to the right to cover because waterman is dragged all over the pitch.  Waterman was atrocious today 

7 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Yeah unfortunately Fraser is out . . .  MAK along for the ride because I don't think Herdman wants to risk any drama for that remaining spot.

Herdman's job is to field the best squad. Other WC teams are leaving guys out (US left out Steffan and Pepi, for example) If Fraser is the better choice, then he should be in and vice-versa.

Just now, prairiecanuck said:

Kone starts in Qatar for me. I would be shocked if he didn't.