Bahrain vs Canada - Friday, November 11th - 10:30am EST / 7:30am Pacific - Isa Town, Bahrain

Kone is better used in the centre of the pitch than on the wings. Don't understand why Herdman did not test him there from the beginning of the game. We need to see if he's going to slot in with Eustaquio in place of Hutch. He's not going to be playing on the wing. I guess he wanted to test MAK, which makes sense, but I'd rather he get Kone as much time in the centre of the pitch as possible.

3 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Agreed on these three players. It is puzzling that ZBG did not get in earlier.

was thinking instead of Edwards should have started with JBG on the right and Laryea on the left.

I guess Herdman wanted Laryea on the right because that's where he will probably play in the world cup.

Just now, footballfreak said:

Cavallini really about to meh himself into a World Cup because we have no other options. Missed opportunity for some guys.

Hopefully Akinola can regain form with a full offseason. It was always going to be tough playing catchup midseason.

I thought Cavallini was good. Got into good areas, scored a probably legit goal (I didn't see a single conclusive replay), forced an OG on another, loads of running despite poor service.

Akinola needs to lose at least 20 pounds to be an effective professional.