Bahrain vs Canada - Friday, November 11th - 10:30am EST / 7:30am Pacific - Isa Town, Bahrain

On 11/7/2022 at 8:09 PM, phil03 said:

If I had to bet I'd go with a 4-4-2. St. Clair in the net, Edwards, Miller, Waterman and Johnston in defense, Piette, Kone Ossorio and Kaye in the middle and Cavalini and Shaffelburg forward. It isn't a great roster, and I'd definitely wouldn't be comfortable playing that in World Cup but it definitely isn't an horrible team either and it should be enough to deal with Bahrein and get the FIFA ranking points.

I think thats not a bad idea for player personal but we are more likely to mimic the shape we would use at the WC even if it doesnt get the best poutine squad. 
5-3-2 or 3-4-3 

St clair
Johnston Henry/cornelius/waterman (i think henry if fit/decently sharp) Miller
Laryea Piette Kone Kaye Edwards  (Oso gets as many minutes as possible. Fraser is the first sub on)
Cav Shaf/Ayo ( Im not sure Ayo starts alongside cav as that is low mobility compared to a davies, buchanan, david lineup) 

Just so you guys know the betting odds for this game are up. HUGE value bet on Canada. I follow AFC qualifiers because of my ethnicity and Bahrain is a mid-tier AFC team. I would compare them to the likes of Curacao, Guatemala. I'll be placing a fat bet on this despite not having our European players.

Screenshot_20221110-035031_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ally McCoist

23 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Bahrain, really!? I, on the other hand, hope we use the Belgium, Croatia and Morocco games as statements.

Yeah if we use the Bahrain game as a statement making game, then it helps us to better prepare against Belgium, Croatia and Morocco in terms of boosting morale and overall mindset going into Qatar 

I think the only statement we can make with the Bahrain game is if we lose. I don't think that would spell disaster for the World Cup considering who we're missing, but our team of MLS players should wash their team of Bahrain domestic league players easily, and our actual World Cup rostered players should dismantle them with ease. I think a lot of our MLS guys will be in Qatar for the vibes, and there's no better way to get the vibes going by starting the window with a big win.

Also, Bahrain's other friendly is against Serbia- I see their team in the same ~tier as Canada, and I'd love to see us get a better result than them in the friendly. They're a better team than us, but they're the type of team I think Canada should surpass by 2026.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think the only statement we can make with the Bahrain game is if we lose. I don't think that would spell disaster for the World Cup considering who we're missing, but our team of MLS players should wash their team of Bahrain domestic league players easily, and our actual World Cup rostered players should dismantle them with ease. I think a lot of our MLS guys will be in Qatar for the vibes, and there's no better way to get the vibes going by starting the window with a big win.

Also, Bahrain's other friendly is against Serbia- I see their team in the same ~tier as Canada, and I'd love to see us get a better result than them in the friendly. They're a better team than us, but they're the type of team I think Canada should surpass by 2026.

I love the optimism.... I cant say that i view serbia in the same tier as canada. Serbia is in group A of serbias nations league.... I have hopes for 2026 though! 
Savic> staq
vlahilovic >david
Tadic .... davies  Davies is the better player but as an attacker, i think tadic creates more for his team. 
Mitrovic >>>>> larin
Kostic>> buchanan 

Depth of serbia>>>>>>>>> canada

3 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I love the optimism.... I cant say that i view serbia in the same tier as canada. Serbia is in group A of serbias nations league.... I have hopes for 2026 though! 
Savic> staq
vlahilovic >david
Tadic .... davies  Davies is the better player but as an attacker, i think tadic creates more for his team. 
Mitrovic >>>>> larin
Kostic>> buchanan 

Depth of serbia>>>>>>>>> canada

Vlahovic over David is highly debatable. I think they would be a wash at least.