Vancouver FC - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Nothing says "safety" more than speeding through something (like the Titanic speeding through the ice field).

I'll wait until the fall to attend a match.  Hopefully they'll have the bugs worked out by then.

You could just stand and watch from the beer garden if you're worried about those toothpick stands. 

Anyways, I heard once you are up in the scaffolding they'll make you clip on for safety.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Altitude was playing last year in the adjacent Kinsmen, which has no track and less stands. Are they going to move to this one this season or was it just for this match?

After TSS, I think they got the best attendance in L1BC last year.  Not sure what their plan is this year, but there feels like there's some ambition there.

Was out at the Langley Event Center today for a trading card/collector show.  Thought it might be a time when VFC did some advertising, but no sign of them.  Literally.  Other than the stadium being built behind it, didn't notice anything VFC related.  Maybe a missed opportunity to engage with sports fans you might not get to otherwise.

On 4/9/2023 at 5:52 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Altitude was playing last year in the adjacent Kinsmen, which has no track and less stands. Are they going to move to this one this season or was it just for this match?

I think one field is turf and the other is grass, right? It was probably just for that reason they played there that match.

For those looking for an away trip you can now fly in to the Fraser Valley from Ontario for pretty cheap, to say the least. I think a similar deal goes for Hamilton. I remember someone saying they were coming out for the opener so just saying. Also someone mentioned visibility. Drove past on 200th and their team store was visible and the stadium looks great

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/flair-abbotsford-waterloo-route

Edited by SpursFlu

So I will be heading out to Vancouver for my fourth CanPL Home opener.

Although taking a different route to get there. Vancouver Airport on the Saturday, will probably be hitting up Superflux and a few pubs then, still working out details of that night as far as accommodation, not sure if anyone here might be going to the Whitecaps game the night before or if your supporters have an event or something. If so let me know and those plans may change.

After that, will SkyTrain/Bus to Carvolth on the Sunday and fly out of Abbotsford on the Monday. Not sure if you guys have a pub you are going to frequent, if so let me know, if anyone would like to do a scarf swap, or would like to purchase a Barton Street Battalion scarf from Hamilton, let me know and I will bring some additional ones.

Edited by -Hammer-
Typos