Pacific FC - 2023 Season Thread

Good signing, agreed. I was surprised to see he left Caps in 2017, thought it was even longer ago than that. 

Before seeing Manneh "announced" I wondered if Victor Blasco might go back to CPL, he too was with Merriman. Because he's still playing lower tier in Spain, on Issey's team, he played this weekend (I saw them about 6 weeks ago). He told me he was going back to Cambodia for the league starting in May, but Haber has been back for over a month and Blasco has not returned yet, which seems odd, they are in the same league.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

No appearances for San Antonio last season?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kekuta_Manneh

This guy was rapid! Pace to burn back in the day. Haven't seen or heard anything of him for a while, so I don't know if he is still as fast, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him causing opposition defenders trouble.

26 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

This guy was rapid! Pace to burn back in the day. Haven't seen or heard anything of him for a while, so I don't know if he is still as fast, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him causing opposition defenders trouble.

Pretty crafty with a good strike as well. I hope he's still got the legs for it

57 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I remember when he scored the youngest ever MLS hat trick when he was 18 against the Sounders no less.  Soul crushing pace!

As others have said he's obviously not the same player now but great signing nonetheless.  Let's goooo!!!

37 minutes ago, masster said:

Is the pole gone? Andi Petrillo just said on the One Soccer CPL season preview that it won't be gone for the start of the season.

It’s gone from within the stadium (across the road) unless they had to put it back up for some exceedingly expensive reason. 

12 hours ago, masster said:

Is the pole gone? Andi Petrillo just said on the One Soccer CPL season preview that it won't be gone for the start of the season.

Because Petrillo, Wheeler, Ollie, they get their butts out of the studio and travel around to see CPL stadiums in the pre-season. 

I find this parochialism a bit irritating at times.

14 hours ago, masster said:

Yes it's been moved.  Not sure what she was on about but I drive by there every day.  Maybe she was referring to a new, higher platform for the camera not being ready?  Sounded like she was specifically talking about the pole though.  

1 hour ago, Admiral Murray said:

Yes it's been moved.  Not sure what she was on about but I drive by there every day.  Maybe she was referring to a new, higher platform for the camera not being ready?  Sounded like she was specifically talking about the pole though.  

Thats what I was thinking as well. Maybe it wasn't moved in time for new broadcast infrastructure to be ready?

33 minutes ago, chalms04 said:

I guess the change to the sponsor logo explains why those kits were dumped off in Spain earlier

Just one, and I went and checked last week, it's still there. Without the Telus logo.

If anyone wants it, I'm not into getting more Pacific gear now VFC is here, but I'd be glad to deliver it at cost in Victoria in July. 82€.