TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

6 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

I do agree, one of the two will be gone, I would try to buyout Jimenez, because it opens up an international spot.

I think with that new rule where Canadian MLS teams can carry 3 extra Internationals it is not that pressing a matter.

Besides Akindola probably has more value inside MLS and there already are rumours he could be moving.

On 1/13/2023 at 10:48 AM, SoCalTransport said:

I do agree, one of the two will be gone, I would try to buyout Jimenez, because it opens up an international spot.

Jimenez can use one of the three bonus international sports for players who have played on the team for one season. He's the only guy on the team eligible for the bonus spots, so cutting him wouldn't open up an international spot. Salary space on the other hand it could open up

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Adisa De Rosario is one of only 2 keepers at TFC's current pre-season camp. As per Neil Davidson's latest CP article.

New signing Tomas Romero is the other keeper.

Luka Gavran has a cast on his hand in a picture on his instagram profile (posted christmas), so that might explain why he's not in camp 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Adisa De Rosario is one of only 2 keepers at TFC's current pre-season camp. As per Neil Davidson's latest CP article.

New signing Tomas Romero is the other keeper.

Not even trying to be dramatic. Literally the only things didn't like about Montreal is that Quioto was Honduran. If TFC starts a 21 year old Honduran keeper, I will be wishing Bono was back and that says alot.

Edited by Stryker911

15 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Not even trying to be dramatic. Literally the only things didn't like about Montreal is that Quioto was Honduran. If TFC starts a 21 year old Honduran keeper, I will be wishing Bono was back and that says alot.

Romero isn't Honduran. He was born and grew up in the States, but represents El Salvador internationally since his parents are from there

On 1/15/2023 at 2:29 PM, rydermike said:

Jimenez can use one of the three bonus international sports for players who have played on the team for one season. He's the only guy on the team eligible for the bonus spots, so cutting him wouldn't open up an international spot. Salary space on the other hand it could open up

Thanks, rules change so much I need an assistant to keep me informed. 😜

On 1/18/2023 at 1:13 PM, Ruffian said:

NYCFC and Minnesota United are playing a preseason game today! And we have nothing from TFC

They announced a preseason schedule some time ago with the first game Feb. 8:

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-announce-2023-preseason-schedule

I'd prefer to see more games but maybe they aren't rushing considering the roster is still in building mode?