TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

On 1/5/2023 at 5:22 AM, Kingston said:

I think this is it exactly.  This team has some very good, high profile players.  It also has a couple of obvious gaps.  So what we need this offseason are a couple of quieter but solid signings to plug those gaps and somehow meld a bunch of talented individuals into a cohesive team.

Good luck!  

TFC II Rohan Goulborne is in preseason training with the first team. 

He's a left back although predominantly played CB with TFC II last season is from Brampton, who's been with TFC since he was 14(?, maybe younger)

Was in preseason last year, but could assume he was beat out to a spot by Petrasso.

image.png.99783fb8bd99959b4be67f78df343667.png

Edited by Shway

15 minutes ago, narduch said:

Is this more wonky MLS rules?

How do you pick a guy off waivers that spent the last 2 season out of the League?

Based on his past 2 years it's an underwhelming signing.

I don’t think this is even the wonkiest? One yesterday was claimed off waivers never played in the league I think

4 minutes ago, jordan said:

I don’t think this is even the wonkiest? One yesterday was claimed off waivers never played in the league I think

I just don't understand how he was still under contract with MLS. He was out of the league 2 full calendar years.

Unless that new contract was signed with TFC?

The more I learn about this signing the more if feels like it is bound to fail.

In July of 2020 Adama Diomande accused a Portland player of using a racial slur.

In August of 2020 MLS and USSF closed the case saying there was no conclusive evidence this happened.

A few days later Diomande and LAFC mutually terminated his contract.

He did not find a club until 2021. And his 2021 and 2022 seasons leave a lot to be desired.

Lot of TFC fans really reaching for the hopium on this signing.

26 minutes ago, Metro said:

This signing is a head scratcher. I'm sure its a depth signing but Diomande is expected to be better than Jimenez or Akinola?

Reading between the lines it sounds like the plan is to start him.

One of Ayo or Jimenez is probably on the way out

Edited by narduch