TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

On 10/9/2023 at 4:59 AM, red card said:

It was probably really Bernardeschi that deserved to get booted out the door but 9 times out of 10 it's cheaper to change managers when a very high-earning player with a guaranteed contract he is unlikely to have matched anywhere else is involved. Herdman is doing the sensible thing in waiting until he can make significant roster changes before taking responsibility for team selections. Having the previous coach's son still around after what unfolded must have been a nightmare to deal with for Terry Dunfield.

4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Having the previous coach's son still around after what unfolded must have been a nightmare to deal with for Terry Dunfield.

Also, I have to wonder how Ibarra does in the dressing room, considering what he first had to say upon receiving news of his move to TFC.

27 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

The Italians?  Those surely had to be strictly a Manning f up because Hernandez would have been canned already.

But...it is TFC, so I am not so sure.

I mean this year.

The South African and Scott Kennedy's former teammate from Jahn.

Both have barely played and when they do they don't look too great

9 minutes ago, narduch said:

I mean this year.

The South African and Scott Kennedy's former teammate from Jahn.

Both have barely played and when they do they don't look too great

As a neutral observer, neither qualified to me as "big" signings.  In the words of Bob McCown, they seemed more like "just another guy" types.

The jury is still out for me on Mailula as he hasn't played enough, but the German Prince can be sent back to Bavaria or wherever it is in Germany he comes from. He's lousy in the air as he can't win the ball without fouling, he doesn't have good speed and on the weekend had 3 one on ones and a 2 on 1 and managed to screw them all up without getting a shot off.