TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

15 minutes ago, narduch said:

Another weird thing about TFC is Paul Stalteri is still on the payroll but they have not given him a roll

Following TFC is the complete opposite of Moneyball.  

The only answer and solution to every question and issue is throw money at it, but whatever you do, don't think about it.  That's not your job.

On 10/2/2023 at 3:46 PM, narduch said:

This one states their roles.

Clear upgrade for Tenllado. Sometimes it isn't clear how close Herdman has been to his team, this suggests very. Good for him. It also suggests there's a salary increase for all of them.

I don't think having Dunfield in there with De Vos and if it's true Stalteri is a good idea, just streamline and let the head coach do his job.

42 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Clear upgrade for Tenllado. Sometimes it isn't clear how close Herdman has been to his team, this suggests very. Good for him. It also suggests there's a salary increase for all of them.

I don't think having Dunfield in there with De Vos and if it's true Stalteri is a good idea, just streamline and let the head coach do his job.

I think Stalteri is in limbo and will eventually be pushed out.

I've heard conflicting rumours that De Vos is either going to be club President or head of the Academy 

1 hour ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Why wasn't Herdman on the sideline yesterday? I thought October 1 was has start date...

Because he doesn’t want to take responsibility for this team the way they are right now and the losses , but like I mentioned before he is the head coach now and he has started with a loss on the sideline or no sideline .

Why didnt he step right in, roll his sleeves up and try and do something with the end of the season.  They have left poor old Dunfield swinging in the breeze, a lame duck coach and the results have been almost worse since the announcement.  I have always have had a personal dislike for Herdman (aside from his coaching) and this just seems like another selfish move.  He doesnt want this stink on him or on his record, he wants to start fresh next year...thats best for him.  Not best for the team or the employer eh??  If he really is a magical motivator, get in their and kick some italian ass and get these guys going for the last 4-5 games instead of "observing" from the sidelines until conditions are perfect for him to take over.