TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

20 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I mentioned this in another thread but might as well post here that Tenlado was also at the game tonight 

What's interesting too is that I thought the financial deal at Canada was Herdman at x salary and a total further sum of x for the entire coaching staff. Gayle not included.

Say Herdman at 500k (I realize some report 700k) and another half a million for the staff. TFC have to better that. Herdman now makes more, Eady and Tenllado as well.

But I could be wrong, Tenllado lives in TO not Vancouver.

Maybe thats why the locker room is so toxic, you've got Giovinco training 100 yards away, he hasnt played in a year and you know they are going to drop you to make room for him.   Seriously these roster moves (the italian imports etc) seem to be more about drumming up fan interest than making the best moves for the club.  

48 minutes ago, nfitz said:

What can we lose at this point?

Salary cap that could be used on someone who will be with the team for a long time.  A chance to rebuild with a player who will be with the team for a long time.  The chance to break the pattern of bringing in over the hill guys who will spend the majority of their time on the injury list.  That's three things, anyway.

8 hours ago, Kingston said:

Salary cap that could be used on someone who will be with the team for a long time.  A chance to rebuild with a player who will be with the team for a long time.  The chance to break the pattern of bringing in over the hill guys who will spend the majority of their time on the injury list.  That's three things, anyway.

Maybe they dont want to make a long term signing until they get their new manager and new GM eh?  Let them have some say on it, build over the winter for next summer. WINK WINK!! 

Giovinco (for some posters) just brings up some good feels from 2017, mb let him and Bradley have one last hurrah.  Manning is grasping at straws for a PR move.  

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Maybe they dont want to make a long term signing until they get their new manager and new GM eh?  Let them have some say on it, build over the winter for next summer. WINK WINK!! 

Giovinco (for some posters) just brings up some good feels from 2017, mb let him and Bradley have one last hurrah.  Manning is grasping at straws for a PR move.  

If they signed him just through the end of this season then I suppose it wouldn't matter.  Anything beyond that would be a mistake.

On 9/10/2023 at 3:17 PM, Kingston said:

And they'd also have to sign that person in 2 days. So presumably they pretty much know by now if there's anything in the works. And it doesn't preclude something happening in the next window (if that's the way they write the contract).

3 hours ago, nfitz said:

Presumably there's other rules about MLS short-term signings - that we've seen when they are short players.

Could they simply sign him for a single day?

I had to read this twice as I thought you were saying individuals with a short stature can get short-term deals that others can’t! Haha