TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

42 minutes ago, saladroit said:

So people are just passionate.

I am reminded of a certain Paolo Di Canio, who after not getting three penalty calls (a couple were blatant to be fair) made the sign to be subbed and when he wasn't, threw a strop and sat down on the pitch in front of the bench.  Rednapp stood firm and he assisted the final goal in a 5-4 win. 

For your Can-con on that story: The West Ham keeper Shaka Hislop also got injured that game and it eventually led to Craig Forrest getting one of his sustained runs in the team. In that stretch, he got to see Di Canio's wonder volley against Wimbledon...and then let in 7 goals against Man U the next game. 

27 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

What’s even funnier is that Deandre Kerr was the top scorer for the team at one point this season. Both are wingers. The difference is Insigne’s bitch ass was living on the treatment table and complaining all the time instead of playing. How can you make 14 million a year and act like such a retard? I’d be happy every single day at training, if I was making that type of money. They need to ship this idiot to Saudi Arabia ASAP!! Complete BUST!!!!

He's not the first player to have an ego that exceeds his production, but yeah - for $7.5 million (his salary this year) he should play soccer, not grumble.

8 minutes ago, Kingston said:

He's not the first player to have an ego that exceeds his production, but yeah - for $7.5 million (his salary this year) he should play soccer, not grumble.

At the end of the day, he’ll still make his full salary at the end of his contract, right? Which is around 60 million?

Insigne is not a striker you dummies who think otherwise. Comparing with Giovinco?

Nor does he have a history of making more than a couple goals out of nothing a year.

Even at Napoli he'd bury himself away and hide for long periods of games. He was like that when I saw Napoli play.

He also has a weak character, or better, he's never been a leader on the pitch.

That said, I'm sure he'd like the chance to triumph with this team, something Manning apparently forgot to build into the equation.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Yes Insigne has been terrible it’s been a joke really compared to where he played and I think had a very decent career with Napoli and the national team. Moreover, the money he is making at TFC compared to his performance this season wow it’s embarrassing. However, saying all this at some point probably after going through Bob Bradley’s coaching and now Terry Dunfield’s coaching who I think is unfortunately out of his depth Insigne has come  to a boiling point and just could not control his frustration of the type of coaching he is seeing at TFC. Right or wrong he probably feels some of his performance and even injuries are related to coaching and just the whole organization. In terms of coaching Bradley’s methods were probably outdated and Dunfield is just not ready for this level. In the end this all comes down to Manning and his incompetence , he needs to go before any major changes happen at this club .

19 hours ago, Kingston said:

The only question I can think to ask you is...  Is this your first week following pro-sports?  Can you honestly say you've never heard or seen another pro athlete making $7.5m/year or more throw a fit?  Seriously?

11 minutes ago, narduch said:

With their loss tonight and the Inter Miami win, TFC are now dead last in the Eastern Conference 

With nine TSN matches left, Toronto is on the list for four, Vancouver three, and Montreal two.  It's too bad that they just can't show the Miami game but change the other three.

With Johnson injured, the number of TFC players who would start for most teams in the league is down to just 3 - the three DPs. The two new attackers signed might be starters for TFC but not elsewhere in the league from what I have seen, while the decision to not sign any CB help while trading Hedges  is looking more bizarre each week. Herdman isn’t going to fix this and I still think he is nuts if he wants to give up the World Cup to come to TFC at this time

13 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

...Herdman isn’t going to fix this and I still think he is nuts if he wants to give up the World Cup to come to TFC at this time

Suspect if that was happening it would have happened by now and the reason for the delay is that Bill Manning's successor will get to hire the next coach.

45 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Suspect if that was happening it would have happened by now and the reason for the delay is that Bill Manning's successor will get to hire the next coach.

Or, just let Hernandez make the hire. Although I haven't been particularly enamored with his signings either. Still early though.

On 8/26/2023 at 11:22 AM, costarg said:

The only question I can think to ask you is...  Is this your first week following pro-sports?  Can you honestly say you've never heard or seen another pro athlete making $7.5m/year or more throw a fit?  Seriously?

Not at all.  But the fact that other people also have egos that are bigger than their on field performance doesn't make it right in his case either.

5 hours ago, Kingston said:

Not at all.  But the fact that other people also have egos that are bigger than their on field performance doesn't make it right in his case either.

You're absolutely right.  Unfortunately it still happens.  (People suck)