TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

On 7/4/2023 at 7:04 PM, BearcatSA said:

Is there any way TSN can alter their schedule so they can broadcast more of the other two Canadian teams instead of this clown car?  Like the NFL has the flex schedule?

Just show the Messi game on September 20.  Whichever others, switch them.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Meanwhile back on topic hopefully the two goals from Bernardeschi are an indication that the two Italian DPs are about to start playing the way they are capable of again.

Kinda hoping that they're getting embarrassed by Messi in playing better.

11 hours ago, narduch said:

Stands looked empty but they want you to believe 27,000+ were in attendance 

Maybe not 27000 but still a decent number if you take into account how bad they are , like this season has been a total shit show and may not be 27000 but still I’m surprised that a decent number is still showing up . Moreover , they have a very good season ticket base of around 23000 I think but I think it will take a massive hit at renewal time for next season , the only saving grace will be people not wanting to give up their seasons because of the Messi game  or games at BMO next season . 

8 hours ago, Kingston said:

In the big picture, the part I find most disappointing is how much of the time this team spends in the bottom half of the league given how many resources are used to support it.  Based on what the leadership is given to work with, TFC should be a perennial contender, not a team with an all time overall losing record.

Why ruin a good thing by being a winner?

7wi8le.jpg

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Truly bizarre that anyone can view the massive investment TFC made into their academy at Downsview as detrimental to Canadian soccer.

To be fair, DoyleG's long established himself as a fucking moron.

On 8/21/2023 at 1:50 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Ignoring the time wasting drivel above:

You mean the same time wasting drivel you constantly bring up in the CPL sub-forum on an almost daily basis. This might be the first time I can't even think of an appropriate insult to throw your way. I am simply flabbergasted by your hypocrisy. Anyone else want to take a shot at it?

The argument stemmed from Dunfield’s decision to have the star designated player split reps on a drill with 20-year-old forward Deandre Kerr.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the events said that as Insigne left the training field, he was heard making derogatory comments about TFC and how differently he is being treated compared to other MLS stars.

Multiple sources told The Athletic that Thursday’s training session was not the first he walked out on.

Despite a report on July 4 suggesting that Insigne wanted out of Toronto and was the target of a Saudi Arabian club, sources with an understanding of TFC’s transfer activities confirmed there are no immediate plans to ship out the Italian star.

Edited by saladroit

10 minutes ago, saladroit said:

Multiple sources with knowledge of the events said that as Insigne left the training field, he was heard making derogatory comments about TFC and how differently he is being treated compared to other MLS stars.

Many other MLS stars score more than one goal per two and a half million dollars of contract value.

Or, in fact, more goals than the $90 000 player they're asked to share reps with.

Edited by Kingston

This is one reason I am skeptical of older euro stars who already have their bag, and are only here to secure one last huge bag.

Def examples of it working out but seems like a lot miss. 

Give me young players looking to prove themselves wanting to take the next step or have a chip. 

Imagine getting pissed at Dunfield. Just ship this clown to the Middle East. 

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

Many other MLS stars score more than one goal per two and a half million dollars of contract value.

Or, in fact, more goals than the $90 000 player they're asked to share reps with.

What’s even funnier is that Deandre Kerr was the top scorer for the team at one point this season. Both are wingers. The difference is Insigne’s bitch ass was living on the treatment table and complaining all the time instead of playing. How can you make 14 million a year and act like such a retard? I’d be happy every single day at training, if I was making that type of money. They need to ship this idiot to Saudi Arabia ASAP!! Complete BUST!!!!

Edited by anthony7