TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

13 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

I highly doubt this happens, the Italians have hurt their reputation.

They would have to take a serious pay cut.

I've done business with Saputo cheese in the past, and these guys are the cheapest men alive.

Ya. Really seems to good to be true. He's going to take a 75% pay cut? How bad is it really?

I'm convinced that they sat Insigne down and reminded him that no one will pay him what he's getting. That's when he started performing better. Still not worth it though

On 7/16/2023 at 10:13 AM, narduch said:

Ya. Really seems to good to be true. He's going to take a 75% pay cut? How bad is it really?

I'm convinced that they sat Insigne down and reminded him that no one will pay him what he's getting. That's when he started performing better. Still not worth it though

If TFC is going to bring in an International striker, with the zany MLS rules, it probably is better to get rid of Bernadeschi and use that International slot for a new striker.  The going rate for an international slot is $50,000 GAM I believe.  No point in wasting any more GAM for a lost season.

Reinforcements Incoming?

I have it on good authority that Bill Manning was out at Mississauga Greek Fest this morning and after seeing the potential fanbase there, he immediately returned to the office, consulted Transfrmarkt and started working the phones. 

I hear he's made significant progress in securing the signature of Euro 2004 star Angelos Charisteas.  A deal is imminent.  Help is on the way!

42 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Signings like Hedges were clearly about winning in the here and now. If that's not happening...

This was a small window of opportunity.  Might as well clear house when you get the offers.  Some of the other higher paid guys on the roster, notably at CF, I doubt are movable without some salary consumption.

Also worth noting is that soundtrack for the new messiah gaffer seems to have only crickets playing in the background.  What are the FanDuel odds that Dunners has the job until sesson's end?

Edited by BearcatSA

18 hours ago, Big_M said:

best acquisition of the year on the way out...gonna be a very tough rebuild...need 2-3 new dps and a solid crew around them

Hedges may have been their "best" acquisition, but the guy is always hurt and rarely plays.  I'm okay with the house cleaning.

1 minute ago, costarg said:

What is going on?  Is this a mid-season rebuild or are players giving ultimatums?  Perhaps it was not Bradley after all, and he really was pulling a Conte to get himself sacked asap.  The toxicity seems to be off the charts.

It's probably both?

It's sad watching Miami fans thinking they can make a run into the playoffs and TFC is rebuilding again.

Just also want to say that the rebuilding trope is bs.

Lots of teams can change their teams in 1 window. But for some reason loser TFC fans always act like it takes years to rebuild in soccer. 

19 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

This was a small window of opportunity.  Might as well clear house when you get the offers.  Some of the other higher paid guys on the roster, notably at CF, I doubt are movable without some salary consumption.

Also worth noting is that soundtrack for the new messiah gaffer seems to have only crickets playing in the background.  What are the FanDuel odds that Dunners has the job until sesson's end?

I think this would be for the best, actually.

36 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

I am pretty impressed with what Jason Hernandez is doing so far.  Imagine if he was in charge this past off season, we would have had a half decent team, instead of the tire fire we have now.

I'll be impressed if he can move the 2 big contracts or get a team together that they play well with.

4 hours ago, narduch said:

The tearing down is the easy part.

Let's see who they bring in

Not when Insigne is on a contract till 26', Petretta is on till 25', Bernaboy 26', Rosted 25'.
All those guys need to go. And will be hard to move them within the league.

Without freeing up the DP slots, and some of the big senior roster players....Jason is going to have to work some real magic.