TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

57 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

If the majority of these guys were present and fit, would TFC be competitive? I have seen the team play just once this year. 

Maybe...

They have been missing a lot of players all year and most games have been a draw or 1 goal difference.

So maybe....

1 hour ago, Stoppage Time said:

If the majority of these guys were present and fit, would TFC be competitive? I have seen the team play just once this year. 

If we had our full roster available regularly then, yes, the team would be competitive.  Still not a favourite to win the Cup or anything, but battling for, say, third or fourth in the East.

However, when so much of your preferred starting line up is nearing or past 30, it's unlikely you'll be fielding your preferred team very often.

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

If we had our full roster available regularly then, yes, the team would be competitive.  Still not a favourite to win the Cup or anything, but battling for, say, third or fourth in the East.

However, when so much of your preferred starting line up is nearing or past 30, it's unlikely you'll be fielding your preferred team very often.

Hedges, when healthy, makes a difference.  Johnston makes a difference between the sticks.  Compared to what I saw in both those positions last year, those are key upgrades.  Osorio, healthy and in-form but also when he just concentrates on being a linking mid and grafter as opposed to having to be "the man" in making the team tick on the attack, makes a difference.  Unfortunately, centre forward/striker is still a dead pool. 

They might get themselves in the playoff hunt but fall short and be out of it before just before the final weekend of the regular season.

Edited by BearcatSA

On 7/5/2023 at 5:55 PM, red card said:

MLSE not paying on taxes on BMO Field because they say they're not a tenant or owner. They have a management agreement and pay the city a user fee.

City agency says since BMO Field was renovated around 2016 and a new management agreement came into place in 2014, MLSE laible to taxation based on case law. MLSE also haven't filed an application for BMO Field to be tax exempt if they don't agree with agency's assessment.

MPAC is a provincial agency, not a city agency.

I don't see that MLSE is at blame here. The management agreement, simply doesn't seem to have considered property taxes, neither by the city nor MLSE; and both parties seem to have been okay with MLSE paying property taxes (for the city-owned property). It's MPAC that seems to be raising the issue. No surprise that MLSE is going through the courts with it.

Given that MLSE is paying property taxes as per the lease agreements with the city for other facilities, it's not like they aren't good for it, sooner or later, if the courts rule against them.

I’m surprised foreign players are surprised by MLS rules. They sign away all that and you have a contract with the league. I assume they are told there is a chance you can be shipped off without your consent. 

Curious how the next CBA will go and whether this is a hill the players die on?