TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

I already want Stefanovic to move to a different team…

He’s looked pretty good in the midst of a dumpster fire, why did Mabikba sub off? I was watching the NT game so I didn’t see, did he get hurt? Either way he looks better than O’Neill maybe we could see him start on Saturday

Just now, Jack1997 said:

He’s looked pretty good in the midst of a dumpster fire, why did Mabikba sub off? I was watching the NT game so I didn’t see, did he get hurt? Either way he looks better than O’Neill maybe we could see him start on Saturday

I saw him get beat on a header on one of the goals. Had the game on mute tho so not sure if it’s injury related or not. 

Just now, Jack1997 said:

Didn’t see.  I just saw the post that said the kid was playing so fires the TFC game on for the last 20 minutes.  They conceded twice so far…

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Didn’t see.  I just saw the post that said the kid was playing so fires the TFC game on for the last 20 minutes.  They conceded twice so far…

Neither the goals have been his fault and he’s looked comfortable outside of that, the 4th goal he maybe could’ve done a bit better but that was just a beautiful pass and poor O’Neil defending really

On 7/3/2023 at 8:08 AM, BearcatSA said:

With Bradley(possibly Bradleys?) gone, we'll see now how these two DPs show what they can do to elevate the team.

Well, one guy is rumored to be trying really hard to get out of his contract and move to $audi Arabia while the other takes a stupid second yellow card.  Everybody!  Once more with feeling!  Hit it:

🎶Sh*t show!  Watch the sh* t show...🎶

Or not.  Is there any way TSN can alter their schedule so they can broadcast more of the other two Canadian teams instead of this clown car?  Like the NFL has the flex schedule?

20 hours ago, Big_M said:

clean out the dp's...need 3 new dp's in 2024

I'd keep Oso.

19 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

Ranjitsingh is so bad

Well, he's not the best keeper in North America. But he made some good saves. I think he has potential.

On 7/1/2023 at 5:37 PM, Jack1997 said:

What makes you think Berna wants to leave?

I rest my case. I hope we never see him play again.

Edited by nfitz

MLSE not paying on taxes on BMO Field because they say they're not a tenant or owner. They have a management agreement and pay the city a user fee.

City agency says since BMO Field was renovated around 2016 and a new management agreement came into place in 2014, MLSE laible to taxation based on case law. MLSE also haven't filed an application for BMO Field to be tax exempt if they don't agree with agency's assessment.

Edited by red card

13 minutes ago, red card said:

MLSE not paying on taxes on BMO Field because they say they're not a tenant or owner. They have a management agreement and pay the city a user fee.

City agency says since BMO Field was renovated around 2016 and a new management agreement came into place in 2014, MLSE laible to taxation based on case law. MLSE also haven't filed an application for BMO Field to be tax exempt if they don't agree with agency's assessment.

This is what happens when you elect a mayor with too many big business ‘connections’.

15 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

I hope TFC will finally learn their lesson that they can’t operate like an oil-state sponsored Premier League club.  Amongst other things, you need smart scouting and to properly develop and integrate prospects - 2 aspects they have failed miserably at.  #ManningOut

I've always wondered about this.  Anyone know WHAT IS the scouting team at the club? 

I can criticize the DP signings but those international TAM/GAM signings are killers as TFC took a nostalgic journey back to the bad old days of overpaying for duds.  Peralta?  Rosted? The high priced "strike force?"  And, as it pains me because I like the guy and actually thought he'd help this club with his incisive passing to the forwards, Kaye, whose form has fallen off a cliff?  Ouch!

They need to target younger DP’s or guys that are not 3 stratospheres better than 90% of the club.  Crisciutto at 35 was one of our best players last season and had the necessary skills to complement Insigne and Berna.  Currently we have almost nobody.
 And get a bloody striker with some talent. Putting an aging Sapong or a shadow of himself Ayo in between is a travesty. At this point I hope they sell Lorenzo and maybe Berna too for some cash and then get a couple of guys from Belgium or the Netherlands who are slightly more skilled and hungry as hell to earn 2 million or so a year.

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

I can criticize the DP signings but those international TAM/GAM signings are killers as TFC took a nostalgic journey back to the bad old days of overpaying for duds.  Peralta?  Rosted? The high priced "strike force?"  And, as it pains me because I like the guy and actually thought he'd help this club with his incisive passing to the forwards, Kaye, whose form has fallen off a cliff?  Ouch!

Exactly this.

The DPs (not counting Osorio who is only a DP for book keeping purposes) are okay.  I think the team is overpaying for them but that doesn't really matter because the cap hit is the same regardless.  I actually prefer Bernardeschi to Insigne but neither has turned into the grab-the-game-by-the-throat type of DP we need.  They are contributing some solid numbers overall, so they aren't in the failure camp, either, but they are just okay.

Then, as you say, the team signed a bunch of old veterans instead of younger, experienced players.  And they did it badly.  That was just terrible GM work.

They have also had some legitimate attempts not pan out.  Akinola went from promising prospect to failure to deliver on his promise.  MAK has simply not shown up as the type of player that everyone expected.

And finally, the team has still not figured out how to actually develop good prospects into starting players.  It is more than just giving them some playing time and hoping for the best.  There are too many guys who have gone on to do well elsewhere for it to just be a coincidence.