TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

18 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

That should be enough for both to accept mutual terminations on their deals and head to Arabia.

Dunfield still has a better player CV than one of Insigne"s ptevious coaches(Sarri). Nobody knows how Dunfield will do as a coach. I have my doubts about him , but to judged him even before he's started is not fair. A lot of people had doubts about Vanney when he came out of TFC Academy to take over the first team.

13 hours ago, to70 said:

Dunfield still has a better player CV than one of Insigne"s ptevious coaches(Sarri). Nobody knows how Dunfield will do as a coach. I have my doubts about him , but to judged him even before he's started is not fair. A lot of people had doubts about Vanney when he came out of TFC Academy to take over the first team.

No, you're right.  I shouldn't be judging him but a player CV doesn't translate into a coaching CV, either (and his player CV is better than Arsene Wenger's, too).  He's strictly an interim guy here but we'll see how things play out for the remainder of the season. 

2 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

It seems ever since winning MLS cup, injuries have just been brutal and reoccurring. Doesn’t help that the team has trended older I guess. 

Plus relying on older guys coming off of significant injury layoffs. 

A few posters may have been deceived by the mirage of a few positive results here and there but you could see the train was going off the rails even before they were eliminated from last year's playoffs.  Disjointed, individualistic play, no compete level, underachievement:  a lesser pedigreed coach would have been sacked after last season's performance and I think this season will be a write-off as well.

On 6/27/2023 at 3:35 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Seriously doubt they will go for a second Bradley any time soon because Jr's role was very much part of the bust up with Bernardeschi.

I doubt Bernardeschi will be there by the time Bradley returns from injury. The MLS transfer window opens next week.

Watching TSN pregame, Manning is so full of shit its not even funny any more.  Hernandez as GM...he is talking like its not just a caretaker position to finish the year...ugghh.  Dunfield walking around the field looking like he is going to the firing squad.  

Just now, Bison44 said:

Watching TSN pregame, Manning is so full of shit its not even funny any more.  Hernandez as GM...he is talking like its not just a caretaker position to finish the year...ugghh.  Dunfield walking around the field looking like he is going to the firing squad.  

Manning sounds like his is so full of shit and is flying by the seat of his pants

2 big keys for this club going forward are injury prevention and recovery and getting the right DPs...way too many injuries at the same time this year...the most in mls a lot of times and DPs havent been good enough...with well performing DPs (and in the right positions) the crew around that is good enough to at least make playoffs over a full season...for this year though playoffs seem a step too far

Stefanovic and Franklin have to stick around at least for this season they might not be here for long, Ranjitsingh is absolutely horrendous he made a few good saves today but saving that ball that was clearly going wide at the end lost us the game.

13 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

They showed heart I’ll give them that. Sloppy goal to give up at the death. 

However, still a poor team.  Poorly constructed, poor in execution, tough to watch.

The silver lining for Insigne's injury is that he could call his agency and press them to get him a move out of town 😉

The play at striker is abysmal.  Not sure why Dunners left Kerr on the bench to start because the other three used are not capable of playing there at this level.

14 hours ago, Big_M said:

2 big keys for this club going forward are injury prevention and recovery and getting the right DPs...way too many injuries at the same time this year...the most in mls a lot of times and DPs havent been good enough...with well performing DPs (and in the right positions) the crew around that is good enough to at least make playoffs over a full season...for this year though playoffs seem a step too far

No.  The first step is ridding the team of the toxicity and dysfunction that's been hovering, brewing and has festered it's way into the fabric.  Turning the page and ignoring what was going on is not the way forward.  It's more than just getting rid of the coach.  It's changing the curtains, if practice was in the morning, you make it in the afternoon, completely flip the routine, process and habits.  Complete and utter reset.

You cannot blame the DP's here, the leadership was polluted and arrogant.  It's not up to the DP's to fix that regardless of their salaries, they are not management, cheerleaders nor strategists.  No one on the team is playing to their potential and expectations (edit: except Laryea - and he knows he's here temporarily).  

40 minutes ago, costarg said:

No.  The first step is ridding the team of the toxicity and dysfunction that's been hovering, brewing and has festered it's way into the fabric.  Turning the page and ignoring what was going on is not the way forward.  It's more than just getting rid of the coach.  It's changing the curtains, if practice was in the morning, you make it in the afternoon, completely flip the routine, process and habits.  Complete and utter reset.

You cannot blame the DP's here, the leadership was polluted and arrogant.  It's not up to the DP's to fix that regardless of their salaries, they are not management, cheerleaders nor strategists.  No one on the team is playing to their potential and expectations (edit: except Laryea - and he knows he's here temporarily).  

I would find a way to part ways with Michael Bradley.  You need a clean break from both coach/td and son.

I don't necessarily agree with your point about the roles of the DPs.  In this league's set up, the better DPs are the tide that rises the rest of the supporting cast boats.  I don't get that feeling with these guys at all.  Of course, their signing is down to the vetting of management, which I do agree is a 🎶sh*t show 🎶

Laryea has been their best player but to get him permanently (and if he feels that he wants to be here longer term), someone else needs to take a haircut here, so one of those Italian guys is likely to move on.  I think Kaye finishes the season with the club because I see no takers for him and his salary.