TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

11 minutes ago, mtroads said:

Wonder what the plan is for the Summer Window now. Given the gaps on the team, I'm surprised they waited so long, not giving much time to get a plan in place.

I think if the expectation was there would be signings or moves when the window opened that will likely be delayed

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Dunfield interim

This was the slowest and most painful (for the fans) of all deaths. 

The guy pulled a Conte and tried absolutely everything he could to get fired.  No one can convince me he was actually trying to win or keep his job.  

Perhaps it's not even Bradley's fault and he just wanted out of the toxicity so sabotaged himself?  I've rarely seen a coach THAT out of his element.

Well that makes a lot of sense now.  Other MLS teams were making moves, brining in med season help, while we did nothing.  The top brass was busy making coaching changes instead of bringing in someone to help on field.  I wonder why STALTERI didnt take over as coach?  Dunfield????

21 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Well that makes a lot of sense now.  Other MLS teams were making moves, brining in med season help, while we did nothing.  The top brass was busy making coaching changes instead of bringing in someone to help on field.  I wonder why STALTERI didnt take over as coach?  Dunfield????

Have to be a little bit crazy to take over this group right now lol

Either him or Bernardeschi had to go. Surprised it took this long for one of them to get the bullet but maybe they had to wait for an MLSE board meeting or something to OK his contract payout given that won't be a trivial amount. Terry Dunfield = WTF though. Hopefully he won't try to impliment a route one 442 harking back to his Macclesfield Town days.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

11 hours ago, kacbru said:

Rather ominous in retrospect.  I imagine Dunefield is looking over his shoulder to see how much longer Bradley Jr. has to go to get his certification.

Seriously doubt they will go for a second Bradley any time soon because Jr's role was very much part of the bust up with Bernardeschi.