TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

Manning is the main guy to blame here. He didn't do his due diligence. Ego in sport is very normal, but he should of known the character of both the Italians before splashing that amount of dough. 

His biggest mistake was underestimating how the father-son relationship would impact the locker room. I also don't think Bradley Sr. reputation in CONCACAF means much to players in Europe.

On 5/26/2023 at 7:42 PM, BearcatSA said:

🎶Shit show!  Watch the shit show!

That's Toronto under Bob Brad-leeey!

Vape pens!  They're verboten!  But it adds to the hi-lar--it-eee! 🎶

This song literally writes itself.  I would love to see others add their own special lyrics. 😃

It's the finaaaaallllll count-dooowwwwn, nah-nah-nah-nah.... nah-nah nah nah nah....

11 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

With all the noise about Bernadeschi not playing, the league’s highest paid left back was quietly dropped from the starting line up and the team didn’t really miss him

Shhhhhhhhhh, we are supposed to feel good about Bradleys mangement of the team after this home win.  Dont ruin it for me.   

9 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Still will be very surprised if both Bernardeschi and Bob Bradley are at TFC once the summer transfer window opens but it looks like reports on Insigne's dissatisfaction level may have been exagerated. Being the Italian import with the highest salary probably helps in that regard.

I wouldn't be too sure about that, remember this quote: "Where there's smoke there's fire."

On 5/27/2023 at 11:58 PM, Gian-Luca said:

With all the noise about Bernadeschi not playing, the league’s highest paid left back was quietly dropped from the starting line up and the team didn’t really miss him

Hopefully Franklin keeps the spot locked down. He has been dropped before after good performances. I guess BB could use “busy schedule rotation” excuse. 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Apologies if this was posted before but looks like the next 5 TFC games will be on TSN.  I am wondering if Apple has realized that there is more money to be made in Canada by selling broadcast rights to TSN rather than relying on subscriptions.  

IMG_2404.jpeg

Are TSN adding more games, or is it just coincidence that a number of games are coming up on TSN now?  The Whitecaps had 14 games scheduled for TSN a the start of the season, so they've had a few runs where the games were on TSN consistently.

12 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Are TSN adding more games, or is it just coincidence that a number of games are coming up on TSN now?  The Whitecaps had 14 games scheduled for TSN a the start of the season, so they've had a few runs where the games were on TSN consistently.

You'd need to go back to the original schedule plan to see what was on the menu.  

What is the cost for the Apple MLS pass if people want to subscribe at midseason?  If the Caps continue to roll along into the summer, then you might see that bump in subscriptions.

6 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

You'd need to go back to the original schedule plan to see what was on the menu.  

What is the cost for the Apple MLS pass if people want to subscribe at midseason?  If the Caps continue to roll along into the summer, then you might see that bump in subscriptions.

They just announced a "midseason discount".  Half price, which isn't technically a discount so much is it is just paying for the amount of season remaining. 

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Apologies if this was posted before but looks like the next 5 TFC games will be on TSN.  I am wondering if Apple has realized that there is more money to be made in Canada by selling broadcast rights to TSN rather than relying on subscriptions.  

IMG_2404.jpeg

Not a change in TSN schedule. Original TSN MLS schedule posted March 28th has TSN showing next 5/6 TFC matches. So, only 1 CFM match in June and 2 Caps matches in June vs 3 for TFC.

All matches today are free on Apple TV also.

Edited by red card

TFC is so frustrating to watch. They are definitely playing better but Insigne only seems to pass to Bernardeschi. He essentially never passes to Rutty who plays on the same side as him no matter how many smart runs into space the latter makes. And so many times a player with the ball makes a pass to Insigne or Bernardeschi even though there is someone else in a better position to pass to.  Laryea is the only one who consistently doesn’t do it.  It’s almost like the players just pass it to one of those two and stand back and say “ok do something magical”.  They actually started out the first 10 minutes playing as a team and were dominant and then reverted to type and just relied on their two stars to do everything