TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

Bradley Sr has said Bernadeschi was “out of line” for speaking the way he did to the press. But he didn’t seem to have much of a counter to the accuracy of his comments, rather he seemed more upset that they were made. Out of line or not, TFC’s inability to pass the ball up the field and generate chances has been utterly painful to watch.

4 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

The team wasn't cutting it during the playoff push at the end of last season and performed like  disjointed individuals playing out the final string of matches.  

Not suprised at all regarding the current situation.

Actually, I thought they performed well between when Laryea returned and Osorio went down, then they fell apart again. 

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

Actually, I thought they performed well between when Laryea returned and Osorio went down, then they fell apart again. 

The Laryea-Bernadeschi combo started off looking promising but was pretty disappointing down the stretch.  Not enough working off of each other (I don't necessarily put that down to Osorio's absence, either).   I remember many of us were concerned about how Laryea would do in Qatar following the end of year balloon deflation at TFC.  Turned out to be just fine.

10 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Bradley Sr has said Bernadeschi was “out of line” for speaking the way he did to the press...

Would be very surprised if they are both still at TFC in a month's time. Bernardeschi is either trying to get Sr fired or is looking for an exit strategy during the summer window. Suspect it's more a case of the former rather than the latter.

14 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Bradley Sr has said Bernadeschi was “out of line” for speaking the way he did to the press. But he didn’t seem to have much of a counter to the accuracy of his comments, rather he seemed more upset that they were made. Out of line or not, TFC’s inability to pass the ball up the field and generate chances has been utterly painful to watch.

I wonder who has been the bigger flop, Insigne or Bradley Sr. 🤔

I'm willing to bet that Bradley Sr. Is the highest paid coach in MLS.

4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Would be very surprised if they are both still at TFC in a month's time. Bernardeschi is either trying to get Sr fired or is looking for an exit strategy during the summer window. Suspect it's more a case of the former rather than the latter.

Bernardeschi I see as staying but Bradley's a lame duck.  I sense that Insigne will be the one looking somehow for the train ticket out of Dodge.

On 5/25/2023 at 10:13 AM, SoCalTransport said:

I wonder who has been the bigger flop, Insigne or Bradley Sr. 🤔

I'm willing to bet that Bradley Sr. Is the highest paid coach in MLS.

I'm just amazed at how this all turned out.  I was very excited to see Bradley Sr as manager when he got hired. In MLS circles, I would guess he'd be up there with Arena. 

I'm a little concerned that the fan base is letting Manning off the hook, though.  I don't see any real positive changes with TransferMarkt Man at the top. 😞 

In the last home match I heard audible booing from my seat in 225 when Bradley Sr’s name was announced as per usual before the kick off. I am not sure if they could be heard around the stadium but I suspect this Saturday they will be loud enough to be heard outside the stadium, unless the stadium announcer chooses not to announce his name this time

5 minutes ago, Big_M said:

its not good to miss bernardeschi but with his comments there was no other way for the coaching staff...if you let it go you open the door to players publicly criticizing you

You're right but also maybe don't mess things up so badly that they feel they have to?

Stop signing guys who have no idea about NA or MLS and have a 50/50 shot of losing interest within half a season here.  At least Bernadeschi has some fire, wants win, wants to improve, I think Insigne has completely checked out.  Yet Johnson and Hedges are still plugging away, hmmmmm.  Cant just be Football Manager 2023 plug in this guy from Italy, this guy from Spain and it all works out.  You would think Bradley would know that by now.  

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Haha now the dirt comes out.

In fairness to him, some people claim vape pens are more addictive than painkillers and cigarettes combined.

TFC should have done their due diligence before they brought him in, instead of using transfermarket. 😜

🎶Shit show!  Watch the shit show!

That's Toronto under Bob Brad-leeey!

Vape pens!  They're verboten!  But it adds to the hi-lar--it-eee! 🎶

This song literally writes itself.  I would love to see others add their own special lyrics. 😃

7 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

🎶Shit show!  Watch the shit show!

That's Toronto under Bob Brad-leeey!

Vape pens!  They're verboten!  But it adds to the hi-lar--it-eee! 🎶

This song literally writes itself.  I would love to see others add their own special lyrics. 😃

How about:

Shit Show, Just Ask Criscito

He "Retired" Just to Get Away from Bob Bradley

Went Back to Play for Genoa

One of the fastest come-out-of-retirements in his-tor-y!