TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

Bradley needs to go now.  We have arguably 4/5 players who are the best or among the best in their positions in MLS.  The results even with the injuries are deplorable.  The older players he brought in were shit.  They get a new manager and maybe when some of the guys get back they could sneak into the playoffs.  

He is also the Sporting Director. You fire him from both positions? And who do you bring in? They aren’t far off in points from a playoff spot which is still crazy. 

They really need a couple of those ties to be wins and they would have more of a cushion. 

1 minute ago, Club Linesman said:

Yes both. He’s been useless.  Who don’t know but there are hundreds of people who cut off their left arm to manage the talent we have.  The zero depth is on him.

Well a GM/Sporting director search would take a while. Don’t want to rush that. Have a summer transfer window coming up, so if you fire BB now then you would need some kind of plan for that window. Unless they have a shortlist already. Go into that without a GM/SD doesn’t make much sense. 

Unless Bill Manning takes the reins, who hired Bradley as his guy. 

The "zero depth" is everything.

Is it because the young talent wasn't good enough to be developed into supporting roles? If so, where was the backup plan of veteran guys to fill the gaps until youth could take over? Was the youth talent not properly assessed? Were they never good enough? Etc, etc.

As I said before, I enjoyed last year's pre-Italian hot mess just because it seemed like it was for a purpose (e.g. developing young, Canadian talent)... but clearly, I was wrong.

Edited by PastPros

21 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Bradley needs to go now.  We have arguably 4/5 players who are the best or among the best in their positions in MLS.  The results even with the injuries are deplorable.  The older players he brought in were shit.  They get a new manager and maybe when some of the guys get back they could sneak into the playoffs.  

If we're being generous, Laryea, Bernadeschi, Insigne. Anyone else?

They are really bad.  He got rid of his young depth, then brought in more old players to go along with the old players they already have and then never uses subs or rotates the squad until injuries force him to which is largely down to the lack of use of subs or rotating the squad so they are forced to rely on players that have zero confidence as they haven’t played much.  What a shit show. 

But more than that, he has failed to integrate Bernadeschi and Insigne into the squad.  They basically play with each other which is something when they are on the other side of the pitch from each other or they frequently run into dead ends or loose the ball.  Actually, TFC looks better when they are off the pitch. I don’t know how many times Rutty was standing there open or made runs and Insigne just ignored him.  That kills a young players confidence and then the result is he doe stupid things. 

18 minutes ago, An Observer said:

They are really bad.  He got rid of his young depth, then brought in more old players to go along with the old players they already have and then never uses subs or rotates the squad until injuries force him to which is largely down to the lack of use of subs or rotating the squad so they are forced to rely on players that have zero confidence as they haven’t played much.  What a shit show

Hey!  Let'sall  take it from the top. A one, and a two, and a three!  🎶Shit show!  Watch the shit show...!🎶

50 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

They aren’t far off in points from a playoff spot which is still crazy. 

They won't be if Bradley keeps this up.  No one on the team is playing to their potential, the wheels are off and the fire out of control.  TFC management is out to lunch if this guy is still employed come Monday.

28 minutes ago, phresh said:

Anyone wanna guess how long JMR's suspension will be?

Difficult to say, I'm not sure if they take youth into consideration for these things, or what the rules are regarding coming on to the field after the game is over if you have been tossed from it - they normally fine you if you don't leave the field right away, but JMR actually did that. Also there is the "Chris Penso is an asshole" factor, but I suspect that they probably won't take that into account. Still, not good a good look for the ref to become the focal point for a match and be the source of a post-game fight, I suspect that will be the last time you'll see him ref a TFC game this year if the league has any sense (which probably means that he will officiate their next five matches in a row).

12 minutes ago, costarg said:

They won't be if Bradley keeps this up.  No one on the team is playing to their potential, the wheels are off and the fire out of control.  TFC management is out to lunch if this guy is still employed come Monday.

I also think there has to be a time, where Manning's position has to be looked at.

21 minutes ago, narduch said:

They are both good but top 5 in all of MLS?

I'm not fully versed on every team in MLS to know their relative standing (plus they play in positions that I don't think any DP spots are used across the league), but compared to what TFC had in those spots in previous years probably just makes it seem as them being so much better in my mind. They're definitely in the top half (top 15 at the least)