TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

13 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I think what might be unexpected was the fact that they didn't score.  This team was built to beat teams 6-5.  I think getting shut out is a bit of indictment on something here.

True.  I'm not sure exactly what the hold up is offensively.  It wasn't as if there weren't any chances but, obviously, no goals.  The team does seem to be underperforming in that department.

Right now I'm just really hoping they can get it together for Tuesday night and send home a suddenly in-form Montreal.

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

True.  I'm not sure exactly what the hold up is offensively.  It wasn't as if there weren't any chances but, obviously, no goals.  The team does seem to be underperforming in that department.

Right now I'm just really hoping they can get it together for Tuesday night and send home a suddenly in-form Montreal.

Yes, me as well.

To be honest, this is the first weekend in a long time that I didn't watch TFC in any capacity (I thought Rea and Choiniere would be more fun to watch), so I have no idea how the game actually went.  However in the previous weeks, it seemed like Bradley was playing Vanney-ball: "If you have the ball, you should be asking yourself 'How do I get this to Insigne/Giovinco'?  If you do not have the ball, you should be asking yourself 'How do I help my teammates get the ball to Insigne/Giovinco?' "

I think well-organized teams can defend against that pretty easily.  Hopefully they can become a bit more dynamic.

3 hours ago, El Hombre said:

I think well-organized teams can defend against that pretty easily.  Hopefully they can become a bit more dynamic.

I could see the predictability post Forza Italia last season and am not surprised now, frankly.

I would hope as a TFC fan that the hammer comes down tomorrow on Bradley and Manning.

2 of the best players in the league, probably the best one talent wise.

(production wise yes I know they aren’t)

one of the leagues best goalies, one of the leagues best or the best full backs, the highest payroll I believe, one of the better midfielders, and when healthy a top defender in hedges… and what is their to show for it all ? Nothing.

I feel for Toronto and their fans, they deserve better and honestly this team should and is capable of playing so much better football. Just not an acceptable result. They need to be getting more results with this roster and it’s just a mess.

On 4/23/2023 at 7:04 AM, BearcatSA said:

As I was watching that first half, I was composing lyrics for a tribute song to the music of The Flintstones theme:

🎶 Shit show!  Watch the shit show!

That's Toronto under Bob Bradleeey!

They have!  Star Italians! But the rest is mee-dee-o-crity!🎶

Feel free to change and/or add to the lyrics!    Seems like a good time.

7 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

2 of the best players in the league, probably the best one talent wise.

(production wise yes I know they aren’t)

one of the leagues best goalies, one of the leagues best or the best full backs, the highest payroll I believe, one of the better midfielders, and when healthy a top defender in hedges… and what is their to show for it all ? Nothing.

I feel for Toronto and their fans, they deserve better and honestly this team should and is capable of playing so much better football. Just not an acceptable result. They need to be getting more results with this roster and it’s just a mess.

I agree.  I can't quite put my finger on what it is specifically but this team is managing to be far less than the sum of its parts.

2 hours ago, narduch said:

I'm dying at people defending the megaphone loser saying it was not even close to Kaye.

That doesn't matter

they really are cosplay ultras. throwing a megaphone at a player or starting a micro brawl with the 6 CFM ultras that showed up is such baby poser shit. I get you wanna try and pretend you’re these aggro european ultras but you’re just throwing a temper tantrum. I saw a few other supporters groups calling them out, so I hope those guys aren’t part of a big ultras group, but my god. Would love to see these guys pull that shit in a friendly against Olympiacos or Celtic or someone.

51 minutes ago, narduch said:

I wonder if Kaye will play CB.

He seemed to be a bit last match

Kaye tries too much for game changing passes and they get picked off a lot. People praise him when he gets them but they are very obvious when he doesn't. That is a big reason he is the whipping boy. That would be a bad play-style in the back.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

I wonder if Kaye will play CB.

He seemed to be a bit last match

That would seem a good bet for this stop gap situation.

The number of injuries is pretty disturbing for a team playing on grass at home without a CCL fixture congestion.  Or are there other MLS teams looking like a M*A*S*H unit right now?