TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

On 4/30/2023 at 1:51 AM, Bison44 said:

Well if you want bring in a guy from europe, sign him to a 3 year deal and have them quit and not show up after one year, I guess he was pretty good.  We got forced into trading him for 50k and a USL scrub.   You dont see a pattern, they sign guys with much fanfare that should be building blocks and half of them cant wait to get the hell out.  It almost like they arent doing their due diligence on these guys, cause it keeps happening.  

The other side of that argument is that when players arrive they realize how much of a trainwreck the organization is and they want to get the hell out.

The organization is the common denominator here.

Edited by SoCalTransport
Autocorrect leading to bad grammar

26 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Hard to believe it's a club that has been in three of the last seven MLS Cup games and splashed out for Insigne and Bernardeschi as recently as last summer that is being discussed. 

Still waiting for your analysis of TFC's announced crowd of 21,000+ last match.

Oh it doesn't make the CPL look bad? Never mind then.

It's also laughable that you are saying that the TFC FO is beyond criticism, just because they won a title 6 years ago now.

Edited by narduch

9 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

The other side of that argument is that when players arrives they realizes how much of a trainwreck the organization is and they want to get the hell out 

The organization is the common denominator here.

Lawrence seems to be doing a decent job at Minnesota. 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Lawrence seems to be doing a decent job at Minnesota. 

There is a lot of cronyism in soccer. Lawrence only came to TFC, because of Armas. When he was fired, he wanted out.

Defoe seemed ok until Liewike quit and Nelsen was let go.

Most of the new signings for TFC from Europe this year have crossed paths with Bradley Sr. at some point in their careers.

It's no different in any business, it's all about personal relationships. Any manger likes to be around people they can trust.

1 hour ago, SoCalTransport said:

There is a lot of cronyism in soccer. Lawrence only came to TFC, because of Armas. When he was fired, he wanted out.

Most of the new signings for TFC from Europe this year have crossed paths with Bradley Sr. at some point in their careers.

It's no different in any business, it's all about personal relationships. Any manger likes to be around people they can trust.

I don't think that was the case with Preki when he was here.

6 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

Your Lawrence take makes sense, but Defoe wanted out when he realized he wouldn't be selected for England if he played in MLS.  His attitude playing for Toronto changed overnight.  Lieweke was here long enough to sign his replacement in Giovinco.  And Defoe was not here because of Nelson.  No one was.  (Let's not remind ourselves about him.) 🙂 

17 hours ago, costarg said:

Have they looked good with Bradley?

They've been completive in every match until then, and were on a 7-game unbeaten streak!

At the same time, they didn't look very good without Coello against Philadelpha!

Edited by nfitz

10 minutes ago, nfitz said:

They've been completive in every match until then, and were on a 7-game unbeaten streak!

At the same time, they didn't look very good without Coello against Philadelpha!

And that sort of sums up the season so far:  If someone wants to find positives or negatives, they easily can.

Edited by Kingston

30 minutes ago, nfitz said:

And you feel Bradley was the reason they were competetive?  and not a crutch?

I'll admit he did play a part in building up to goals, but have you seen the videos of goals against?  A good lot of them originated either from where he was standing or where he should have been standing. 

My take is he is not helping this team, regardless of what his dad believes or wants to think.

Oh boy....without MB what are they..a win a loss and a tie??  The F#cking wheels have fallen off since he left!!!!! Circle the wagons, HELP HELP!! Seems about the same to me, still floating around that last playoff spot.     

If he can stay injured a bit longer maybe we'll see if COello/Servania are actually good additions or not eh?  Team need to gel a bit without him there, better for everyone, including MB.  This could have bee done naturally if his Dad would sit him or sub him, but I guess thats not an option. 

But Diomonde/Vasquez have been wastes of roster spots/cap space, Rosted/Petretta--I still cant make up my mind about them, Johnson has been good, Hedges has been very good.  Maybe Sapong is the answer (ieeee hes old) but they still have a DP spot open dont they??  

7 hours ago, nfitz said:

I think they were unbeaten because the glare off Jr's bald head was blinding the opponents.

Osorio also was playing lower than he should to make up for Jr.'s great play. :P

50 minutes ago, Kingston said:

A disappointing, but not entirely unexpected, result.  Especially with both Hedges and Osorio missing from the lineup.

I think what might be unexpected was the fact that they didn't score.  This team was built to beat teams 6-5.  I think getting shut out is a bit of indictment on something here.