TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

29 minutes ago, narduch said:

The flipside of that is a couple if bounces go their opponents way and they are tied with Montreal at the bottom of the table

Yep, that's the lot of a middle of the pack team.

That said, I do feel they are somewhat underperforming right now as opposed to being lucky to be where they are.  So I could see them getting themselves together and becoming a third or fourth place team instead of a seventh or eighth place team.

I will say this, earlier in the season it felt like they were going to have to rely on Sean Johnson to get any points as they seemed to be badly out-chanced. The last several matches though it hasn't felt that way as they haven't given up that many chances. Johnson didn't make any big saves in the last match and nearly gifted Atlanta a 2-0 lead by blasting the ball off the head of one of their players who was standing a few feet in front of him, but fortunately for TFC the ball rebounded wide of the goal.

Whoever does these Apple TV highlight packages makes some strange decisions. The highlights for the Atlanta game include some fairly mediocre chances but doesn't include the Johnson gaffe mentioned above or the seemingly-flagrant PK in the first half that was never given despite everyone in the stadium not named Ted Unkel thinking it was a penalty (including the Atlanta bench looking sheepish about it). I would liked to have seen that play again but there doesn't appear to be any ability to re-watch entire matches on Apple TV (which I would have thought would have been one of the benefits of having games on a streaming service, akin to the way other streaming platforms work).

19 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I will say this, earlier in the season it felt like they were going to have to rely on Sean Johnson to get any points as they seemed to be badly out-chanced. The last several matches though it hasn't felt that way as they haven't given up that many chances. Johnson didn't make any big saves in the last match and nearly gifted Atlanta a 2-0 lead by blasting the ball off the head of one of their players who was standing a few feet in front of him, but fortunately for TFC the ball rebounded wide of the goal.

Whoever does these Apple TV highlight packages makes some strange decisions. The highlights for the Atlanta game include some fairly mediocre chances but doesn't include the Johnson gaffe mentioned above or the seemingly-flagrant PK in the first half that was never given despite everyone in the stadium not named Ted Unkel thinking it was a penalty (including the Atlanta bench looking sheepish about it). I would liked to have seen that play again but there doesn't appear to be any ability to re-watch entire matches on Apple TV (which I would have thought would have been one of the benefits of having games on a streaming service, akin to the way other streaming platforms work).

The bolded is my main complaint with Apple TV.  One of the main reasons I signed up!

It’s funny as I am not in North America and it’s easy to replay matches in their entirety by just either finding it on the main page or going to the clubs page. What you can’t do is turn the damn scores off so it kinda defeats the purpose of watching when you already know the result

15 minutes ago, An Observer said:

It’s funny as I am not in North America and it’s easy to replay matches in their entirety by just either finding it on the main page or going to the clubs page. What you can’t do is turn the damn scores off so it kinda defeats the purpose of watching when you already know the result

On my iPhone app I can turn off scores. Not sure how you access it. 

On 4/17/2023 at 12:44 PM, Gian-Luca said:

I would liked to have seen that play again but there doesn't appear to be any ability to re-watch entire matches on Apple TV (which I would have thought would have been one of the benefits of having games on a streaming service, akin to the way other streaming platforms work).

On 4/18/2023 at 8:35 AM, Ivan said:

The bolded is my main complaint with Apple TV.  One of the main reasons I signed up!

On 4/18/2023 at 8:41 AM, narduch said:

Apparently there is a way but it's a pain in the ass to find it

On 4/18/2023 at 9:00 AM, An Observer said:

So I watch all the games on my laptop (not an iMac) and there is totally a way to watch games after the fact with MLS Season Pass.

First thing you have to do is go here: 

The first post gives you the code to hide scores.  If you're using Chrome, download an extension like Stylus and insert the code there.  This will hide all scores throughout the MLS Season Pass website.

Then go to the page with the game on it.  Scroll all the way down and in the bottom left there is a replay button.  Click on that and choose Full Game or something.  The replay is only available for a limited time but I'm not sure how long because I usually watch the game on Sunday morning.

It works really well, but get that Stylus figured out first.  That was a game changer because before I had to navigate the page with my eyes closed and it didn't go well.