TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

47 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Oh great, now he's going to see THAT!

Oh great now he'll see this.  He should remember he gets grief because it was only a few days ago he called the CPL  "vic and Bontis pet vanity project".  And RS, make sure you go into all the birds comments and tell him not to bait the other 99% of the people on the board eh??  Since you worried about baiting.  

14 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Oh great now he'll see this.  He should remember he gets grief because it was only a few days ago he called the CPL  "vic and Bontis pet vanity project".  And RS, make sure you go into all the birds comments and tell him not to bait the other 99% of the people on the board eh??  Since you worried about baiting.  

What do his comments about the CPL have to do with this thread? 

Ozzie can be infuriating at times, but my point is that calling him out in unrelated threads where he hasn't posted in a while is just feeding the fire.

1 hour ago, PegCityCam said:

TSN panel going at M and B Bradley. Amoungst the topics: The possible awkward locker room position players are put in when it's clear Michael isn't pulling his weight👀

Edit: Clearly he got wind of this😅

To be fair, Bradley is having a good game tonight (and I'm not a big fan, at least of him playing 90 minutes every game).

If MLS persists with this all games at Sat night no matter what due to Apple TV shit, we will probably not be renewing seasons tickets for next season. Too much blatant disregard for the fans to make them experience miserable weather when nice weather was available this afternoon. Instead fans have a miserable experience and the quality of play of both teams was fucking horrible since the wind was the MVP of the match. I have yet to see a good reason why this game needed to be played on a Saturday night in Toronto instead of in the afternoon or in Charlotte, other than it makes things easier for the Kaylyn Kyledashian pre game show (or whatever they call it) and the rest of Apple TV’s technical staff. If they want to encourage everyone to stay home and watch it in Apple TV then so be it - we will and just buy tickets for half-decent weather matches, of which there aren’t that many since there is a giant six week break between home games in July and August 

14 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

If MLS persists with this all games at Sat night no matter what due to Apple TV shit, we will probably not be renewing seasons tickets for next season. Too much blatant disregard for the fans to make them experience miserable weather when nice weather was available this afternoon. Instead fans have a miserable experience and the quality of play of both teams was fucking horrible since the wind was the MVP of the match. I have yet to see a good reason why this game needed to be played on a Saturday night in Toronto instead of in the afternoon or in Charlotte, other than it makes things easier for the Kaylyn Kyledashian pre game show (or whatever they call it) and the rest of Apple TV’s technical staff. If they want to encourage everyone to stay home and watch it in Apple TV then so be it - we will and just buy tickets for half-decent weather matches, of which there aren’t that many since there is a giant six week break between home games in July and August 

I also find Apple TV doesn't work half the time, too many bugs and glitches. They are losing fans at the stadium, and losing fans trying to watch at home.

6 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Even from a TV viewership it makes no sense to not have some afternoon games and even Sunday games.  I mean people watch sportsnews and will find out the score and not watch some games 'on demand'

6 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

I also find Apple TV doesn't work half the time, too many bugs and glitches. They are losing fans at the stadium, and losing fans trying to watch at home.

Im trying it out for one month, Im two weeks in and its been fairly smooth so far on my end.

6 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

The funny thing is the rest of the world is moving away from having most matches at a set time.

For instance I'm a bit shocked that Serie A no longer has 6 or 7 games at 9am on Sundays. I miss the good old days of watching those games and when a goal was scored in another match a horn would go off and they would show the highlights 

7 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Also, by having all of these Saturday evening matches behind a subscription, they have basically given up on trying to gain exposure in Europe. I like to follow mls and use to watch on TV in England but even I can’t be bothered to pay for Apple TV and stay up late at night so there is no way the average football supporter over here is going to do that. 

What a horrible experience last night between game conditions and the TFC performance.

It’s time to seriously start talking about getting rid of Bradley Sr.  The players seem totally unconnected and lost.  It doesn’t help when you’re essentially playing down a man for 90 minutes either by his insistence on playing Bradley Jr, 100% of all minutes, and getting rid of Sr. might solve the Jr. problem as well.

I wasn’t a fan of taking JMR off… he clearly has quality to offer and seemed to be one of the few players who didn’t waste possession… when it was obvious we couldn’t hold the ball or create after about 10 minute into the 2nd half, they should have moved him forward withdrawing Servania.  

I’m a huge Laryea fan, but last night he sure let us down defensively as he was part of the blame for both goals.  But then, it’s also back to Bradley Sr. who seems to want to play with attack minded full backs thinking Jr, can cover for them.  

Ayo needs to be loaned out to a lower level to rediscover his game, as he is completely ineffective at this level (slow, horrible touch, lack of runs)

And every time Johnson tried a lofting goal kick, or one of our other players tried a cross field ball, I just shook my head… how did you not get that the wind was going to mess with it? 

Dropping points at home, after going 2 up,  to one of the worst teams in the league is inexcusable.

Edit: Coello does look to be a baller… would love to see him get a start next match.

Edited by TOcanadafan

7 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

What a horrible experience last night between game conditions and the TFC performance.

It’s time to seriously start talking about getting rid of Bradley Sr.  The players seem totally unconnected and lost.  It doesn’t help when you’re essentially playing down a man for 90 minutes either by his insistence on playing Bradley Jr, 100% of all minutes, and getting rid of Sr. might solve the Jr. problem as well.

I wasn’t a fan of taking JMR off… he clearly has quality to offer and seemed to be one of the few players who didn’t waste possession… when it was obvious we couldn’t hold the ball or create after about 10 minute into the 2nd half, they should have moved him forward withdrawing Servania.  

I’m a huge Laryea fan, but last night he sure let us down defensively as he was part of the blame for both goals.  But then, it’s also back to Bradley Sr. who seems to want to play with attack minded full backs thinking Jr, can cover for them.  

Ayo needs to be loaned out to a lower level to rediscover his game, as he is completely ineffective at this level (slow, horrible touch, lack of runs)

And every time Johnson tried a lofting goal kick, or one of our other players tried a cross field ball, I just shook my head… how did you not get that the wind was going to mess with it? 

Dropping points at home, after going 2 up,  to one of the worst teams in the league is inexcusable.

Ayo and MAK haven't been the same since their respective injuries. I believe they are damaged goods at this point.

Bradley Sr. Is too loyal to his son, he's not the same player he was before, he just looks a notch below. He has to come off the bench.

Osorio should be playing higher up the pitch. Instead he was covering for Jr., Who is just too slow.

As @TOcanadafan said if Bradley Sr. continues not to recognize these issues, he should be let go.

11 hours ago, Bison44 said:

How bad was the wind in the stands, TSN kept showing dudes with their shirts off cheering like crazy.  

It made the temperature just as bad as the home opener which was below zero with the stands filled with snow that MLSE wasn't bothered to remove as they presumably welcome lawsuits instead. I've heard that the 2nd home match (which I wasn't able to attend) was worse than the opener.

Main differences between last night's game and the home opener are two-fold - one, because it's idiotic to be playing in Toronto in early March anyway, playing that game in the afternoon would only have resulted in conditions that were one or two degrees warmer, unlike yesterday where there was a drop of about 15 degree between daytime and evening (which can happen in early spring) and it made all the difference in the world. Secondly, the product on the field for the home opener wouldn't have suffered as a spectacle if it had been played at 1pm, whereas last night's game was a joke and largely rubbish with about 50% of passes being over or under hit because of the wind. And that's the bigger issue, it costs an arm and a leg now just to get to and park at the stadium, tickets are more expensive and the Apple TV deal is putting priorities on making the quality of play worse as they are deliberately playing in worse conditions. "Pay tons more to see a deliberately-worse spectacle" isn't exactly the selling point to renew season tickets that MLS and Apple seem to think it is, nor is having Toronto play a ton of home games in Winter & early spring and then largely steer clear of home games in July & August. It's complete contempt and disregard for fans in this area, especially when you also add in being forced to miss watching Leaf games as the two go directly head to head - the only saving grace there being that the Leaf regular season is already over and has been for a while as they are playing largely meaningless games before the playoffs start (when they start losing meaningful games again).