TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

20 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Nice. I liked him in the U20s. 

Not sure I like the trend of players leaving CPL for Next Pro, though. We've seen the gamble pay off in the case of Farsi, but not in the case of Lowell Wright (yet), so mixed results. The other thing is that while I rate Catavolo, he hasn't put up the stats to move on yet, so part of me would prefer him to have patience and spend another year in a first team environment. Toronto FC is a tough nut to crack as well, so there's no real path into the first team. Maybe there is as a substitute, eventually, but nobody is displacing Insigne or Bernadeschi on the wings. Maybe he'll cross this bridge if he gets there and for now is betting on himself to just earn an MLS first team contract as the next goal. 

58 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Let's replace Michael Bradley with somebody about the same age:

doubt it somehow.

Considering we know TFC uses Transfermarket for scouting I don't think this rumour can be that easily dismissed. 

As for age, they signed a 33 year old Diomande in the off season. So who knows 

Edited by narduch

4 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

If TFC turns into big time farce this year, will York FC attendance finally benefit?  I sure hope so.

No not a chance , you know how you might get people to actually come out to York United games ? Build an enclosed 10,000 seat stadium with a roof covering all the stands . Moreover , make it a fully enclosed four sided stadium and voila you would see attendance increase . Make it a real soccer stadium like the ones you see in a lot of lower level leagues in England . Make it so that it makes BMO look like the exaggerated American high school football stadium it is and I’ll guarantee you people will come out . However, playing at what they play out now does not inspire people to come out to a stadium where you can watch a game for free standing by the fence outside the stadium where you get a perfect view of the game .

Edited by SoccMan

15 hours ago, Big_M said:

Kaye is the one who needs to be replaced currently..been terrible...with the Canada game someone else will finally play there but lets see if Bradley benches him this weekend

But who are you going to replace him with, Servania?  The guy has shown me nothing so far.  I'll watch him live today so maybe I'll change my mind.

16 hours ago, Big_M said:

Kaye is the one who needs to be replaced currently..been terrible...with the Canada game someone else will finally play there but lets see if Bradley benches him this weekend

Anyone around Bradley will look terrible.  They're too busy covering his ground and making the runs he's supposed to be making. 

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

Move it out of the GTA to a location where it is the best, rather than second best, level of soccer on offer.

Ok but you know that we have become a soccer nation when big cities in Canada can support an MLS team and a CPL team . In a city as big as Toronto no reason why you can’t get at least 3 to 5000 a game to a CPL match. Like a said build a proper stadium and people will come .

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

Move it out of the GTA to a location where it is the best, rather than second best, level of soccer on offer.

I think in all forms of entertainment, GTA consumers are very pretentious.

Argos are a perfect example of that, CFL is a more exciting game, but they want the NFL.