TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

13 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

I am sure our 50% tax bracket led to Insigne’s incredible 14 million salary.  Not sure how personal taxes work in Europe but if he was gonna get paid 5 million and keep all/most of it then TFC needed to guarantee him7 million after taxes to get him here.

7 millions USD is 9.65 millions CAD is 7.11 millions € is 6.18 millions £. He would never get that in Europe.

Edit : Still had a 8.5 millions € contract last year with Napoli. Surprising. 

Edited by MauditYvon

51 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

I might be crazy saying this, but if TFC can't get Larin for their third DP, what do you think of Cavallini, I don't know what his contract looks like, but itt looks like his future is up in the air now, and you could probably get him on a TAM deal.

I’d be for Cavallini.

9 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

I might be crazy saying this, but if TFC can't get Larin for their third DP, what do you think of Cavallini, I don't know what his contract looks like, but itt looks like his future is up in the air now, and you could probably get him on a TAM deal.

I think Larin would be a perfect fit for TFC , would work well with the Italians and he would probably get a very nice contract . TFC have never replaced Altidore and Larin for me is very similar to Altidore in his prime .

On 10/20/2022 at 11:27 AM, SoCalTransport said:

I think it's time for both parties to move on...

It's certainly time for TFC to move on.  It was two seasons ago.  If we wanted one, we could find a mediocre MLS defender who regularly makes boneheaded mistakes for far less than the $1 million Mavinga was earning.

9 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

I guess the question is whether he would fit with the playing style of the rest of the team.  Do we need a bull-in-the-china-shop type forward or something different?

On 10/21/2022 at 4:32 PM, Kingston said:

I guess the question is whether he would fit with the playing style of the rest of the team.  Do we need a bull-in-the-china-shop type forward or something different?

My question here (and I am not trying to take the piss, either):  what playing style?  The performances were really disjointed with zero cohesiveness in the final  crucial stretch let alone the playing-out-the-string matches.

Edited by BearcatSA

On 10/21/2022 at 10:28 PM, BearcatSA said:

My question here (and I am not trying to taking the piss, either):  what playing style?  The performances were really disjointed with zero cohesiveness in the final  crucial stretch let alone the playing-out-the-string matches.

Fair point.  I guess the issue is that the players we need are mostly up the spine of the team and that's what usually determines the style of play.  So I suppose the management will be (intentionally or otherwise) picking that style when they select the new players.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ATM said:

Good for Petrasso to make make his money now. BUT, why would TFC trade him....he did so well and is only going to get stronger.

Because they have 2 high priced italians on his side of the pitch.  He was going to have his minutes cut back..its better for him.  Orlando must want him and have plans for him if they traded for him eh??  

6 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Because they have 2 high priced italians on his side of the pitch.  He was going to have his minutes cut back..its better for him.  Orlando must want him and have plans for him if they traded for him eh??  

I hope they do, I think he is one of the better TFC Academy Graduates.