TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

20 minutes ago, Big_M said:

wouldnt be very smart to have a full roster at the start when the primary transfer window closes two months after the start...you see what your needs are after the start and then try to make a move

Of course. TFC fans love making excuses for their shitty front office

TFC only used 2 subs its first match. It has zero depth.

Edited by narduch

19 hours ago, PastPros said:

I'm guessing this is his make or break year.  I haven't seen any indication that there is a buy option for Ottawa but I suspect that after this season TFC will either bring him in to the first team for keeps or sell/trade him.

7 minutes ago, Kingston said:

I'm guessing this is his make or break year.  I haven't seen any indication that there is a buy option for Ottawa but I suspect that after this season TFC will either bring him in to the first team for keeps or sell/trade him.

He must have a good agent, because his contact seems very long to me, for a player of his caliber.

18 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

He must have a good agent, because his contact seems very long to me, for a player of his caliber.

Could be.  TFC has also started to do a better job of selling/trading young players they don't want to keep instead of just cutting them loose for free.  So maybe it's a case of a longer contract giving them that option.

1 hour ago, Bdog said:

So I just found out yesterday that Apple TV doesn’t even get you full access to games, you need to spend more on top of that to watch the full season. 

Anyone want to PM me any streams? 

It's free for season ticket holders or $20 per month.

Another stupid thing is you can share your account with 6 people, but you need an Apple device for that.

6 hours ago, Bdog said:

So I just found out yesterday that Apple TV doesn’t even get you full access to games, you need to spend more on top of that to watch the full season. 

Anyone want to PM me any streams? 

Yeah, I struggle to justify it.  I get you get money but kids aren't going watch TFC when it's behind a paywall....

I have watched TFC pretty religiously since they started in the league but I don’t plan to get Apple TV just to watch them play once a week. I will be tuning in to any games shown on TSN but that’s about it.   With the out-migration of young Canadians it isn’t as much of a loss as it would have been in previous years.