TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

13 hours ago, narduch said:

$680 per ticket!

I used to have front row season seats in 107 from 2007-2018, and the account executive never responded to issues, and they always found reasons to add on extra charges. When the team got really good, they didn't care about the loyal season ticket holders that dealt with such horrible teams since day one. We didn't even get priority for MLS cup tickets.

It's no surprise to me that they are having trouble with season ticket sales.

3 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

I used to have front row season seats in 107 from 2007-2018, and the account executive never responded to issues, and they always found reasons to add on extra charges. When the team got really good, they didn't care about the loyal season ticket holders that dealt with such horrible teams since day one. We didn't even get priority for MLS cup tickets.

It's no surprise to me that they are having trouble with season ticket sales.

I actually want to move out of the south end as I get older. My seat mate wants to be able to sit for most of the match.

So now I sell my pair in 113 and just grab tickets to the few games I do want to attend.

Its too damn expensive for me to buy a full season package almost anywhere else in the stadium. The prices are insane now.

Just now, narduch said:

I actually want to move out of the south end as I get older. My seat mate wants to be able to sit for most of the match.

So now I sell my pair in 113 and just grab tickets to the few games I do want to attend.

Its too damn expensive for me to buy a full season package almost anywhere else in the stadium. The prices are insane now.

I don't know what it's been in like since the pandemic, the south is more about atmosphere. Which is more fun.

I found sitting in 107 or in the club seats, it's more like going to a leaf game, no one really says anything, more like a cocktail crowd.

1 minute ago, SoCalTransport said:

I don't know what it's been in like since the pandemic, the south is more about atmosphere. Which is more fun.

I found sitting in 107 or in the club seats, it's more like going to a leaf game, no one really says anything, more like a cocktail crowd.

I know. I still love the south end. Way better experience.

I will keep my tickets for now and hopefully when my son gets older (now just 6) he will get into it. Currently he doesn't care much for soccer.

14 minutes ago, narduch said:

I know. I still love the south end. Way better experience.

I will keep my tickets for now and hopefully when my son gets older (now just 6) he will get into it. Currently he doesn't care much for soccer.

I take my 6yo about 2 times a year. He usually loses interest in the second half and we need to leave. Maybe I should just come at half time but knowing TFC lately they'll already be down.

Section 120 is a pretty good spot. Get to sit down but close enough to the south end to get the vibe. It is getting expensive for seasons though.

11 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Wow. I know it’s been over 10 years since I’ve bought tickets but think I was paying around $400 for my east stand tickets when I was living in Toronto. 

To be fair my legacy pricing is still $390 per ticket I think for 113.

They sent me an email yesterday saying I can add south end tickets for $680 per ticket.

And their new kit is grey!!  Disgusting.  I fear VFC will do the same.  Just awful.  And they're trying to reinvent themselves with hoops now?  Give me a break!  

Teams: Pick a colour, make a shirt that colour, and stick with it.  I guess The TFC are going to be the Grey's now?

I see the Whitecaps are going with horizontal stripes that are wide than they've been before.  Interesting.  Next will be diagonal that are wider than the past.  

I haven't seen any explanation for what it all means, and why they've done certain things, but I'm sure it's a pile of crap - like every other team's is!  Let's see, red for heart and honour, and the grey stripes are to represent the fans, because they are the concrete pillars of the team.  I should have a job in marketing.  

Seriously though, a grey jersey is terrible.  Doubly so when your main colour is red.

12 minutes ago, RJB said:

And their new kit is grey!!  Disgusting.  I fear VFC will do the same.  Just awful.  And they're trying to reinvent themselves with hoops now?  Give me a break!  

Teams: Pick a colour, make a shirt that colour, and stick with it.  I guess The TFC are going to be the Grey's now?

I see the Whitecaps are going with horizontal stripes that are wide than they've been before.  Interesting.  Next will be diagonal that are wider than the past.  

I haven't seen any explanation for what it all means, and why they've done certain things, but I'm sure it's a pile of crap - like every other team's is!  Let's see, red for heart and honour, and the grey stripes are to represent the fans, because they are the concrete pillars of the team.  I should have a job in marketing.  

Seriously though, a grey jersey is terrible.  Doubly so when your main colour is red.

If your team nickname is the Reds, your primary jersey should be red.

Fans already hated the away jersey they released last year.

This organization is terribly run from top to bot6

20230218_144855.jpg

Edited by narduch

7 minutes ago, RJB said:

Blame it on TFC season ticket holder since Day 1 Mark Hinkley. He's also a Forge season ticket holder.

He's a graphic designer and a kit collector. Looks like his inspiration were the drums in the south end & 2014 onyx TFC away kit.

He also reaffirmed that kit development is a 2 year cycle. He only saw the first prototype 14 months into the process. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/article-toronto-fcs-new-home-kit-comes-straight-from-the-heart-of-longtime/

I haven't seen TFC/TSN release their linear tv schedule. So, here's TFC on TSN based on what MLS schedule is showing at this point. Though, not all free matches on Apple TV have been finalized yet.

June has 3 TFC matches on TSN/RDS but none in May as it is taken over by Caps/CFM. 2 matches in the other months ex February/October.

2 All-Canadian match ups aren't on TSN/RDS: One TFC/CFM and one Caps/CFM match.

Screenshot 2023-02-18 152515.jpg

On 2/18/2023 at 8:36 PM, RJB said:

I agree that Caps are so proud of those damn hoops and they're ugly as sin.

As for grey, "dull", you'd be surprised. I have a black TFC  keeper's shirt, which I got from a TFC keeper, and I'm very successful in it.

43 minutes ago, gator said:

I don't follow non Canadian MLS teams that closely but I have never heard of Servania, it seems he is an American homegrown player, it looks like TFC will have quite an American flair to them once again!

Ya. Gets harder and harder with expansion to follow all the teams.

This year there will be 6 West teams TFC won't play at all (based on a quick skim through of the schedule).

Seems like this new guy is another project. 23 isn't thst young.

29 minutes ago, narduch said:

Ya. Gets harder and harder with expansion to follow all the teams.

This year there will be 6 West teams TFC won't play at all (based on a quick skim through of the schedule).

Seems like this new guy is another project. 23 isn't thst young.

I know it's not going to happen for many reasons discussed on here  and every other NA soccer platform ad nauseam but imagine how much more interesting the league would be if they had promotion and relegation? When you don't even play all the teams in your league at least once it could be a sign that there are too many teams in your league!

Edited by gator

55 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Jimenez traded to acquire him. Probably a good deal if he can replace some of Bradley’s minutes in midfield 

Transfermarkt seems to rate him:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/brandon-servania/profil/spieler/455979

but that kind of begs the question why Dallas would want Jimenez instead of him after what happened in the second half of last season. Suspect this means Bob Bradley is comfortable that Akinola is back on track. Both him or Jimenez were unlikely to still be on the roster for the start of the season once they brought in Diomande.

Edit: this maybe helps explain what made the trade work for FC Dallas.

...Toronto FC will retain a portion of Jiménez’s salary budget charge.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot