TFC - 2023 Season Thread

MM3/MM2/MM

On 3/10/2023 at 11:46 AM, Bison44 said:

They need a couple of the young guys to step up and prove they can handle more minutes, do the job Bob wants them to do. Kerr played well last year/build on that, also time for Ayo, JMR, McNaughton to fight for starting jobs or at least be useful depth pieces over a long season.  

Agreed, they need to trust the youth and the depth guys and actually develop them…

Pertretta looks to be an expensive waste…. Surely Franklin and a can PL Lb could get it done. Rosted looks solid, do not think they needed diomande. Servania will help but Jimenez was fine 

The team look knackered as the 2nd half wore on. More subs were needed, especially since it seems to be that the other midfielders (and for that matter Laryea) are tiring themselves out in part because they are doing far more running to make up for Bradley not covering the ground that he once could 4 years ago. On the Columbus goal, Laryea didn't track back but for once Hedges didn't read the play well either and didn't cover for him to pick up Medranda who (note to Bradley) had just come on as a sub and had fresh legs. After Servania went off, it seemed like Columbus had free reign to run through the midfield without any resistance, something that having our 1st choice striker or Insigne isn't going to fix. I know we keep repeating ourselves on this point, but hopefully people in the media finally start to repeat this point as well - the current solution seems to be to hope that TFC has a 2-3 goal lead so that when they give up a goal or two in the 2nd half, they will still come out with a one-goal victory since there is no-one to spell Bradley or replace him as someone who can close down the opposition and close-out games.

On 3/12/2023 at 2:19 PM, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I dint think fotmob has any actual insider knowledge they just speculate on the information available.  

That info usually comes directly from the league.

Those score aps are all automated. 

59 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Ugh, never been impressed by this guy.  Defensive matador.  Would have rather kept Petrasso.

Olé!

I feel that his all around play on the ball is very good (and safe, particularly with keeping possession in his own end under pressure and working the ball out consgtructively) but defensively he was too soft on 50/50s aerial duels and prone to dive in challenges while defending 1 v 1 dribblers.  

I think he can surprise people here...if he is healthy.