Friendly - Canada vs Uruguay - Tuesday, September 27th - 12 pm Eastern / 9 am Pacific

narduch

11 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

Really like this comment. Larin as much as he's come in clutch for us in WCQ you can see he can be a bit of an imposter when you up the opponent.

I love Larin, but he's too one dimensional, and he's not elite enough at that one dimension to be effective against elite opponents. The Davies x Larin partnership wreaked havoc throughout concacaf, but AD needs a quicker trigger man to fully unlock his ability. An Alphonso Davies x Darwin Nunez partnership would be so terrifying.

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I love Larin, but he's too one dimensional, and he's not elite enough at that one dimension to be effective against elite opponents. The Davies x Larin partnership wreaked havoc throughout concacaf, but AD needs a quicker trigger man to fully unlock his ability. An Alphonso Davies x Darwin Nunez partnership would be so terrifying.

He's not a foul magnet, either.  You need every advantage at this level.

Edited by BearcatSA

Just now, BearcatSA said:

He's not a foul magnet, either.  You needvevery advantage at this level.

My frame of reference is better in hockey, but he's the typical soft 2nd line forward who doesn't play physical, doesn't draw penalties, no defence, but you park him near the net and give him an elite centre and he gives you 35 goals in his sleep. Those players don't win championships, but they have great stat lines and get big contracts.

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

My frame of reference is better in hockey, but he's the typical soft 2nd line forward who doesn't play physical, doesn't draw penalties, no defence, but you park him near the net and give him an elite centre and he gives you 35 goals in his sleep. Those players don't win championships, but they have great stat lines and get big contracts.

He's Russell Westbrook.