Friendly - Canada vs Uruguay - Tuesday, September 27th - 12 pm Eastern / 9 am Pacific

narduch

5 minutes ago, Ruud said:

This is a great test.  We have the ball. We are getting a few chances.  Try something and see what sticks.  Who cares about score. 

nothing embarrassing or things which cannot be fixed. 

Yeah I thought we played well. Certainly weren’t outclassed or anything. Their world class finishers showed us their quality. Certainly something to build off in the second half. Just wanna see us poke one past them 

Edited by EJsens1

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

For me way we are lined up is mistaken. We are not taking advantage of our virtues 

We'd do much better with Davies taking the wing and Adekugbe hanging back to support the back line. Sam does not get to the endline and Davies is not an attacking mid: those praising him here, he's not been effective. It is just improvised training ground stuff.

Then Davies only appears as a mid in the final third, he's not playing the position in the rest of the pitch. So Stephan and Piette are alone in the middle. Adekugbe can't support them, and Laryea plain doesn't. The whole right side, Johnston, Laryea, Larin, is poor.

Yup. I wonder if Osorio not being in camp has caused this role to be given to Phonzie. At full strength, I would want to see Buchanan and Davies on opposite flanks with David up top, and Osorio into the mix of the midfield 3. 

4 minutes ago, jonovision said:

A lot of rust on Laryea. He should be off at half. Especially if Buchanan has some minutes in his legs.

I think Buchanan could make a big difference just getting the ball past the last man and getting a few good crosses in.  We've had good possession, but Uruguay are sure good at blocking the last pass.

Not a terrible first half.  Our boys quickly realizing how a quality team can make you pay for your mistakes.  A few players stood out as positives and a few negatives.  Eustaquio & Davies stood out for me. 

Laryea & Johnston had difficulties all half.

Edited by Corazon

2 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Switch to a 4-4-2 Ugbo for larin, Kone for piette, Buchanan/corbeanu for laryea 

I don't think Piette was bad by any means, but we're chasing the game now.  I'd like to see Kone as he provides something different.  I want to see how he looks.  Buchanana for Laryea for me too.  I'd leave larin out for 15 more minutes. 

7 minutes ago, Shway said:

We’ve looked decent. Definitely need some balance to the attack. We would be a problem with a healthy Tajon on the other side

This game is making me realize that (unlike past WCQ campaigns) there wasn't the same level of world class finishers and offensive playmakers on the teams that we faced.   No Chicharito, Suazo, Donovan, Yorke... etc.  This Uruguay side has those kinds of players.  Hence,  they're up 2-0 even though we haven't played bad and have had the balance of play.  

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Maybe I’m crazy but I don’t mind the way we played.  Some mistakes and quality finishing.  The boys will learn from this, things need to be that much quicker and more accurate; still 45 mins to go.  I’m positive from what I’ve seen.

This is exactly how I feel. 
I would be concerned if we were down 2-0 and we were just bunkering. But I'm sure we have had the majority of possession, the difference is the chances you give to quality opponents will leave us where we are now.

Edited by Shway

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Maybe I’m crazy but I don’t mind the way we played.  Some mistakes and quality finishing.  The boys will learn from this, things need to be that much quicker and more accurate; still 45 mins to go.  I’m positive from what I’ve seen.

yes,  you kind of beat me to it.  we have made some good plays.  t

Edited by Free kick

3 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

He's been tentative, I think half because he's concerned the better quality defenders are going to read his dangles, and he doesn't want to cough up the ball and have Uruguay hit them on the counter.

If he's so worried what Uruguay can do on the counter he should put in some defensive work a little more often.

He's playing like a guy whose European dream went sour and has spent the last few months going through the motions with a toxic MLS also-ran.