Friendly - Canada vs Uruguay - Tuesday, September 27th - 12 pm Eastern / 9 am Pacific

narduch

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

Piette definitely a lot less comfortable tonight.  I think this is what most people feared with him against higher quality opposition.

I don’t think this is a Piette issue.  It is the fact that we are playing a top world team with world class players.  We have less time on the ball, their play will find spaces better, etc.  Lots of balls given away all over the park for us.  

14 minutes ago, clamlinguine said:

Piette shows why he does not belong.

For me it's Laryea, his head is there, then isn't there. He's like an erratic tide, irritates the hell out of me. 

We are playing well. What really gets me and we saw this vs. Qatar, our backs are flat-footed and if they have time, they take it. They let the rhythm drop and stand there with the ball at their feet. They too are responsable for keeping the ball moving and keeping the pace high to help the attack develop. You have to have urgency even when things don't seem urgent.

Well all things considered I think we look pretty good. Obviously some of our players just aren't on the same level technically or speed and decision-making wise than Uruguay but overall we look like peers.

Borjan was suspect on the goal but it should never have been a free kick in the first place.

Edit: I spoke too soon, our D let us down on that one.

Edited by Lansdude