Canada vs Qatar - Friday, September 23rd - 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific

1 minute ago, trc2014 said:

In Scotland and won’t travel within Europe for a camp…he’s said never.

was he invited?

7 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

KJ's tactical analysis is better than anything TSN/Sportsnet can ever do. Too bad KJ is the only thing good about One Soccer.

KJ is miles ahead of the TSN/Sportsnet crew....  

I know that a good Buddhist would ignore "never say never", but after this interview I am of the mind that I want Arfield in Qatar. Especially with Hutch, Kaye, and Oso in less-than-prime form at the moment. A healthy Arfield, alongside Eustaquio, would be pretty damn good right now.

But I suspect the ship has sailed.

2 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I know that a good Buddhist would ignore "never say never", but after this interview I am of the mind that I want Arfield in Qatar. Especially with Hutch, Kaye, and Oso in less-than-prime form at the moment. A healthy Arfield, alongside Eustaquio, would be pretty damn good right now.

My optimistic read of what he said was basically that he wasn’t part of Canada’s plans, but if they come calling, it would be hard to say no. He kept talking about how exciting the team was to watch, felt like he said everything but stopped short at saying he regrets his decision.

41 minutes ago, beachesl said:

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/Qatar vs Canada.html

For those who cannotget the match for some reason or location, I expect the free streaming here would be okay. After getting on  this screen do not click  any thing like full screen or volume, not to mention the scuzzy commercial links or chat, or you will  be sent  to virus-questionable sites.

I am in Argentina, so I have little choice in this heavily regulated space.

Arabic commentary, so I can't complain about how they call it.  They could be saying Canada's the best team in history for all I know.  

coffee:  check

had a wiz:  check

Allez les Rouges!

4 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I think he would accept a call if Herdman called.  But i think there is a 0.0000000001 % chance that Herdman calls.  Estaquio /Hutch/Oso/Kaye would all have to be out for Qatar before he even thinks about it.

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

My optimistic read of what he said was basically that he wasn’t part of Canada’s plans, but if they come calling, it would be hard to say no. He kept talking about how exciting the team was to watch, felt like he said everything but stopped short at saying he regrets his decision.

Yeah, that's my take, too. (Stay fit, Scottie. I feel we're gonna come calling in a few weeks.)

1 minute ago, sose said:

I think he would accept a call if Herdman called.  But i think there is a 0.0000000001 % chance that Herdman calls.  Estaquio /Hutch/Oso/Kaye would all have to be out for Qatar before he even thinks about it.

No, I feel Herdman will call if Hutch is out and Oso and Kaye continue to be out of form. Keep in mind, too, that Tajon is a bit doubtful and Scottie can play anywhere through the midfield. Versatile and smart player.