Canada vs Qatar - Friday, September 23rd - 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific

21 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Nice lineup, no surprises there.

I can’t remember- are there unlimited substitutions in friendlies?  

I could be wrong, but I don`think there is a set rule for substituions in a friendly. I depends on the agreement between the teams as to how many,  if any, extra substitues can be used, and I do not know what the agreement is today.

For those who cannotget the match for some reason or location, I expect the free streaming here would be okay. Aftergetting on  this screen do notclick  any thing like full screen or volume, not tomention the scuzzy commercial links or chat, or you will  be sent  tovirus-questionable sites:  

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/Qatar vs Canada.html

7 minutes ago, beachesl said:

I could be wrong, but I don`think there is a set rule for substituions in a friendly. I depends on the agreement between the teams as to how many,  if any, extra substitues can be used, and I do not know what the agreement is today.

Law 3 IFAB

"

OTHER MATCHES

In senior 'A' international team matches, a maximum of fifteen substitutes may be named of which a maximum of six may be used.

In all other matches, a greater number of substitutes may be used provided that:

• the teams reach agreement on a maximum number
  • the referee is informed before the match

If the referee is not informed, or if no agreement is reached before the match, each team is allowed a maximum of six substitutes."

1 minute ago, YorkRegionFan said:

I think I heard on a Northern fulbol podcast, that some of the players will be tested out as backs or wingers.  Any thoughts on who that could be?

It feels like wingers and wingbacks in particular are our most deep position already, so that's a bit odd to me. Especially considering we left ZBG and Raheem Edwards at home.

3 hours ago, vancanman said:

Half watching while I'm trying to find a stream for the Canada match.

2 hours ago, scullion44 said:

Finding an ESPN2 stream seems to be your only shot

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/Qatar vs Canada.html

For those who cannotget the match for some reason or location, I expect the free streaming here would be okay. After getting on  this screen do not click  any thing like full screen or volume, not to mention the scuzzy commercial links or chat, or you will  be sent  to virus-questionable sites.

I am in Argentina, so I have little choice in this heavily regulated space.

Edited by beachesl