Canada vs Qatar - Friday, September 23rd - 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific

1 hour ago, prairiecanuck said:

US down 1 to 0 right now against Japan.  Anyone else watching?

Yep.   The four really out-of-tune Americans in the crowd that have been doing the same chant for 80 minutes are really annoying.  They sound like a cross between Nickelback and a leaky tap.

EDIT:  2 - 0 Japan

Edited by vancanman

16 hours ago, Jake Caldwell said:

I understand Hoilett has been given the captain's arm band, but based purely on form, and given how Canada typically play, this is Canada's best XI:

David

Davies                           Corbeanu

Eustaquio         Piette

Adekugbe  Kennedy  Vitoria  Waterman  Johnston

Borjan

Here's mine:

David

Davies                           Hoilett

Eustaquio         Piette

Adekugbe  Miller  Vitoria Johnston Laryea

Borjan

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Saw this on FB and had to post here.  

In 2015 our U15 team beat Qatar 2-0.  The goal scorers were the 2 handsome dudes bookending the bottom row.   Maybe a preview for what is to come later today…? 

D7432F89-F563-48F0-A831-3D89DFBADC06.jpeg

Old youth camp photos are always interesting because I realize how non-linear development paths are. Phonzie and David are obviously established pros and have been for years now. Meanwhile, Julian Dunn is someone who I still consider to be a "prospect" and have hopes that he takes some leaps forward once healthy again.

31 minutes ago, nolando said:

Where are people watching it?

Hesgoal had it.  Sorry I missed yoru post....The US were awful.  The US in possession was like a pitcher in baseball throwing over to first because he's not sure what to do.  Most of their possession was the back 4 passing it amongst themselves in their own half with zero pressure from Japan.  4 shots 0 on target compared to Japan who had 16 shots, 8 on target and 2 goals. 

3 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

Hesgoal had it.  Sorry I missed yoru post....The US were awful.  The US in possession was like a pitcher in baseball throwing over to first because he's not sure what to do.  Most of their possession was the back 4 passing it amongst themselves in their own half with zero pressure from Japan.  4 shots 0 on target compared to Japan who had 16 shots, 8 on target and 2 goals. 

That’s what I like to hear.  

8 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

Oof.

49 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Saw this on FB and had to post here.  

In 2015 our U15 team beat Qatar 2-0.  The goal scorers were the 2 handsome dudes bookending the bottom row.   Maybe a preview for what is to come later today…? 

D7432F89-F563-48F0-A831-3D89DFBADC06.jpeg

David, Davies, Dunn... Who are the others?  Any idea?

11 minutes ago, Fullback said:

I think it's 

Front Row L to R: David, Christopher Castillo, Ben Paton, Ali Zohar, Davies

Back Row L to R: Not sure Terique Mohamed maybe, Tudor Mihaila, Julian Dunn, Is that Petrasso?, Jordan Faria, Gianluca Catalano

Meant to edit and quoted myself, whoops 

Edited by Fullback