Canada vs Qatar - Friday, September 23rd - 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific

2 minutes ago, Jake Caldwell said:

I understand Hoilett has been given the captain's arm band, but based purely on form, and given how Canada typically play, this is Canada's best XI:

David

Davies                           Corbeanu

Eustaquio         Piette

Adekugbe  Kennedy  Vitoria  Waterman  Johnston

Borjan

If we're speaking on pedigree or form, Kamal Miller is still in our best XI.

3 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

"He's been a big presence in the dressing room. He's a real leader of men.""

I leaned this lesson in grade school.  We had a kid on out team, who wasn't afraid of anybody, would fight anybody, he even did it at other schools.  It made you feel ten feet tall. 

The other side of that was a game I watched our women play (must have been pre Herdman).  Sinclair had a penalty and I think it was Brazil IIRC, and their players got directly in her face before the penalty (which she missed) and got in her face directly after, upsetting her.  Not one player went to her aid.  I was embarrassed we had a team that pitiful.  That is never an attitude that can contribute to winning, that's why I said the things I did when Herdman was hired for the men, he will make sure their heads are right.

1 hour ago, Jake Caldwell said:

I understand Hoilett has been given the captain's arm band, but based purely on form, and given how Canada typically play, this is Canada's best XI:

David

Eustaquio         Piette

Borjan

You haven't been watching Junior then have you?

1 hour ago, Jake Caldwell said:

David

Eustaquio         Piette

Borjan

Hoilett is in good form.  He's had a very solid start to his season.  

Miller should be in there  for Kennedy as Kennedy just started getting minutes this season and Miller has been putting in consistent performances

On 9/20/2022 at 10:08 PM, Ally McCoist said:

Canada vs Qatar betting odds are out on Bet365.  

Screenshot_20220920-220653_Chrome.jpg.93bf63b054a6cb07f7836a0c9d2b0b0a.jpg

aS i StAtEd... Qatar are being overhyped. This is a value bet for Canada to win. Do you guys really think Canada winning is just as likely as Qatar winning? Hell nah lol. 

I'm putting $100 on a Canada win.

3 hours ago, scullion44 said:

Not sure when it changed but betting line has moved rather significantly in our favour compared to what the original line was.

aS i StAtEd OnE mIlLiOn TiMeS... Qatar are overrated and and the odds have now shifted in our favour. Smart money believes Canada will win the game based on the shift in odds from opening.  

Screenshot_20220923-080550_Chrome.jpg.ab7e49cc18565e3120f8fb5fb8405649.jpg