Canada vs Qatar - Friday, September 23rd - 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific

Either way we made a statement by beating the hosts in a friendly but now go into the Uruguay game but am I confident we can beat Uruguay? I would say yes and no. No because of the fact Uruguay on paper have the better team and for the most part have been impressive as of late ever since they hired on their new manager Diego Costa. But yes because Canada has for the most part has been impressive too in our own right. 

It will come down to who will mark Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani. Plus they have their new golden boy Darwin Nunez of Liverpool.

Watched the game at wrap today on my iPad at work..good result looked comfortable...Nice to watch a Mens national team game...Larin and David.. goal scoring machines.. 

Thought Liam did well in a LWB role(first time ever) ..Very happy and extremely proud anytime he pulls on the amazing Canada shirt...Think he did a really good job, looked tidy in possesion and had a really energy about him when he came on... and anything that makes him more valuable and versatile is a good thing... (LWB)...

So close at the end there to his first goa(yes again lol..it will come) like I said me and the Missus will be there Tuesday in Bratislava...

16 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Watched the game at wrap today on my iPad at work..good result looked comfortable...Nice to watch a Mens national team game...Larin and David.. goal scoring machines.. 

Thought Liam did well in a LWB role(first time ever) ..Very happy and extremely proud anytime he pulls on the amazing Canada shirt...Think he did a really good job, looked tidy in possesion and had a really energy about him when he came on... and anything that makes him more valuable and versatile is a good thing... (LWB)...

So close at the end there to his first goa(yes again lol..it will come) like I said me and the Missus will be there Tuesday in Bratislava...

I think what we really want to know are your thoughts on his new haircut and the 'stache.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Either way we made a statement by beating the hosts in a friendly but now go into the Uruguay game but am I confident we can beat Uruguay? I would say yes and no. No because of the fact Uruguay on paper have the better team and for the most part have been impressive as of late ever since they hired on their new manager Diego Costa. But yes because Canada has for the most part has been impressive too in our own right. 

It will come down to who will mark Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani. Plus they have their new golden boy Darwin Nunez of Liverpool.

Cavani isn’t in the Uruguay squad

26 minutes ago, johnyb said:

I get the feeling Koleosho isn't going to play. If he didn't sub today against a weaker opponent doubt he'll get the chance against Uruguay. Could be that he doesn't want to get a provisional cap tie.

I don't think it's the provisional cap thing.. Could be that he didn't show as well as Brym or Miller in training.. Or maybe he will see some time vs Uruguay.  

36 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Was that Qatar’s A-squad? Why were they so bad ? I remember watching them in the Gold Cup and being relatively impressed with their attacking. They couldn’t string together two passes today 

Yeah, they looked pretty decent in the Gold Cup.  Not sure why the performance was so poor but it's a friendly, and perhaps they didn't care much after going down 2 goals so early. 

My guess is motivations will be a bit different on Nov 20, when the whole world is watching them play Ecuador. 

3 minutes ago, cornerkick said:

Yeah, they looked pretty decent in the Gold Cup.  Not sure why the performance was so poor but it's a friendly, and perhaps they didn't care much after going down 2 goals so early. 

My guess is motivations will be a bit different on Nov 20, when the whole world is watching them play Ecuador. 

Forgive my ignorance on this, but is that a "Yes" as in it was their A side?

The starting 11 was as per a reply to the tweet was:

Back: Terique Mohammed, Tudor Mihaila, Julian Dunn, Josh Moreira, Jordan Faria, Gianluca Catalano

Front: Jonathan David, Christopher Castillo, Ben Paton, Ali Zohar, Alphonso Davies

Others on the team were M Baldisimo, Dada-Luke, Benson Fazili, Le Bourhis, Luca Petrasso, Trevor Schneider, Max Weinberg

https://www.canadasoccer.com/national-teams/excel-teams/?gender=male&teamId=2073&camp_id=1064&current_camp=single

Edited by red card

34 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Forgive my ignorance on this, but is that a "Yes" as in it was their A side?

i recognize a few players that started today (Afif and Ali), but as for the rest of the lineup, including their goalie... i'm not sure if they will start during the world cup.  So no, expect a somewhat different 11 starting vs Ecuador. 

1 hour ago, cornerkick said:

i recognize a few players that started today (Afif and Ali), but as for the rest of the lineup, including their goalie... i'm not sure if they will start during the world cup.  So no, expect a somewhat different 11 starting vs Ecuador. 

That was their best XI. The only player not playing who could arguably be a starter is Al Haydos who came off the bench anyhow. 

This Qatar team is going to get murdered at the World Cup.