Canada vs Qatar - Friday, September 23rd - 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific

3 hours ago, narduch said:

If you have Fubo you should be able to record the games and watch them any time.

Yes Fubo is a bit weird I find. The games are not available on demand right away, but you can record any program you want. You can also set it to auto-record specific teams. I set it to auto-record 'Canada' as well as 'Lille'... and literally every single EPL team. 

30 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Yes Fubo is a bit weird I find. The games are not available on demand right away, but you can record any program you want. You can also set it to auto-record specific teams. I set it to auto-record 'Canada' as well as 'Lille'... and literally every single EPL team. 

The only issue is that a few times One Soccer's schedule hasn't been updated on Fubo.

Currently they don't show the game listed 

Fubo for me, has been relatively great. I can watch CPL, EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1 and all CMNT matches live. I cancelled One Soccer because it's literally one channel in Fubo - plus you get all of the other stuff. Also cancelled DAZN because EPL is gone but I miss Champions League... Hopefully Fubo picks that up next year too! They even have some Turkish League games (would be great... if Hutch and Adekuge were playing). As someone else mentioned, you can also record games and rewatch them later (within the Fubo platform). Best value IMO.

Croatia's improvised* U23's beat Qatar 3:0 today. I haven't seen the game but a news article says they dominated and rotated most of the squad in the second half.

*by improvised I mean it's not the official U23's considering the best young players are either with the U21's or the A side in this international break.

I don't have a good feeling about this game (if we are talking about results).   I feel more confident against Uruguay to be honest.   Everyone looks at the rankings but when you are facing a team like Qatar, the rankings mean nothing.    They have oodles of financial resources to support their preparation and to do what's needed to prepare for the WC.   They will treat this more importantly.  And,  have been preparing for pretty much four years straight.   We haven't played a meaningful game since late March.   

Anyway results, in these games are not what matters most.  What matters is what you learn about your team.  And to not lose the chemistry that was so vital in the WCQ success.

Edited by Free kick

13 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Mentioned this in another thread but probably worth posting here - TSN has a one hour preview show for Canada at the World Cup. With half the TSN crew in Austria I am assuming that we might get some coverage of the friendlies camp

It is good that the TSN crew is over there at least

5 minutes ago, Free kick said:

I don't have a good feeling about this game (if we are talking about results).   I feel more confident against Uruguay to be honest.   Everyone looks at the rankings but when you are facing a team like Qatar, the rankings mean nothing.    They have oodles of financial resources to support their preparation and to do what's needed to prepare for the WC.   They will treat this more importantly.  And,  have been preparing for pretty much four years straight.   We haven't played a meaningful game since late March.   

Anyway results, in these games are not what matters most.  What matters is what you learn about your team.  And to not lose the chemistry that was so vital in the WCQ success.

If anything I think Canada beats Qatar but they lose to Uruguay 

Just now, Ally McCoist said:

Canada vs Qatar betting odds are out on Bet365.  

Screenshot_20220920-220653_Chrome.jpg.93bf63b054a6cb07f7836a0c9d2b0b0a.jpg

aS i StAtEd... Qatar are being overhyped. This is a value bet for Canada to win. Do you guys really think Canada winning is just as likely as Qatar winning? Hell nah lol. 

I'm putting $100 on a Canada win.

i saw that...but keep in mind it's a friendly.  i think money eventually makes Canada the favourite, but there's no real incentive to go all out for a result.  Everyone will want to stay healthy, not risk too much, and have a kick about.  They could well dominate but not score for 40-50 min, and then you see an endless parade of subs coming on.  It's almost like a totally different match at that point..

If they win, they'd ideally score in the 1H, the half time odds to win look not bad..

6 hours ago, cornerkick said:

i saw that...but keep in mind it's a friendly.  i think money eventually makes Canada the favourite, but there's no real incentive to go all out for a result.  Everyone will want to stay healthy, not risk too much, and have a kick about.  They could well dominate but not score for 40-50 min, and then you see an endless parade of subs coming on.  It's almost like a totally different match at that point..

If they win, they'd ideally score in the 1H, the half time odds to win look not bad..

I hear you. Anything can happen. I think, considering the odds, that its a good bet. Qatar's world ranking isnt really as good as Fifa says it is...Ideally, if I were Herdman, Id go fairly all out and hopefully grab a quick two goal lead and then experiment and involve as many as possible. Id never say this vs Uruguay but here it should be doable.

1 hour ago, Cadeau said:

I hear you. Anything can happen. I think, considering the odds, that its a good bet. Qatar's world ranking isnt really as good as Fifa says it is...Ideally, if I were Herdman, Id go fairly all out and hopefully grab a quick two goal lead and then experiment and involve as many as possible. Id never say this vs Uruguay but here it should be doable.

Not a bad approach. I'd be OK if Herdman experimented with the starting 11 vs Qatar. It's a low-risk affair and guys like Koleosho, Waterman and Corbeanu have to integrate on the field at some point. Might as well be this week.