Canada vs Qatar - Friday, September 23rd - 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific

A real good half with just a couple of nervy moments, Piette has bee n real good and I agree with others that Hoilett hasn't been great a RWB, not terrible though! Hopefully JH makes huge changes for the 2nd half to get a good look at others, he knows what this starting 11 can do and we play again Tuesday!

7 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Take off the big three (Davies, David and Staq) at the half, I don’t care about the result in this one so much but it’s apparent that we won’t be facing a team that plays like this in Qatar, so I am not sure that there is a ton that we can learn from having those guys out there let’s see what the kids and other players can do

yes.  I was wondering the same.  Is this opponent a good enough test for us?    Not sure that this side (Qatar) would even qualify for the Ocho if they were in CONCACAF.  Much less be able to beat Haiti.   Nver thought they were this poor

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Take off the big three (Davies, David and Staq) at the half, I don’t care about the result in this one so much but it’s apparent that we won’t be facing a team that plays like this in Qatar, so I am not sure that there is a ton that we can learn from having those guys out there let’s see what the kids and other players can do

For me it isn’t just about learning things. After the chance to play so many games before the recent hiatus, I think this window is just a chance to re-establish the chemistry.  

I could be wrong but I suspect the subs will come in around around 60-65 minutes.   

1 minute ago, PegCityCam said:

Did David cover the swoosh for his celi??? 👀👀👀

I was thinking if it were possible to actually buy a WC kit, how I'd cover up that swoosh.  

The Yanks didn't have a swoosh on their kits tonight.  They were on each sleeve, with the Yankee-Doodle Soccer Hoe-Down Association crest in the middle.

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

People can downplay it all they want but in the end it is embarrassing. 

Well it is that, yes.  But to me, i was always more concerned about the quality of the players wearing the kit rather than the quality of kits.  But yeah, looks like we stand out like a sore thumb now. Add this to the lengthening list of missteps from the cSA.  The trouble with scheduling freindlies,  the giving aways of the rights revenues.   It's mounting and getting big.  In 20 years now posting here, we are really only seeing now tangible evidence of the incompetence of this organization

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

August 2008 Jamaican anthem was the longest of all time. 

I remember playing a World Cup Qualifier at Swangard against some Central American team in blue and white with extra-tight 70's shorts, and I think they brought along the 12-inch disco mix of their anthem.  It seemed to go on for about 15 minutes.