Gregoire Świderski

jordan

I'm assuming this is what was previously meant by the club going further down from third tier. Relinquishing professional license. Shame for all of the players and fans, I'm sure they'll be back eventually. 

4 minutes ago, phresh said:

He’s better off signing with a solid club in Europe, the level of development is higher. There is no track record of high level Euro prospects coming to CPL and then going back and having successful careers. 

Wasn't he a part time starter for the youth team of a club that doesn't exist anymore? Do we even know what, if any, opportunities he has at 'high level Euro' clubs?

I don't know what opportunities he has in front of him, but I wouldn't rule any out so cavalierly 

4 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Wasn't he a part time starter for the youth team of a club that doesn't exist anymore? Do we even know what, if any, opportunities he has at 'high level Euro' clubs?

I don't know what opportunities he has in front of him, but I wouldn't rule any out so cavalierly 

The youth club of a team which has produced a countless amount of top level players, the fact it is bankrupt does not strip away its history of developing elite talent. I am pretty sure he bounced around between the U19 and reserves. And if the tweet saying Liga clubs are interested is true then you'd think he has more than a couple suitors

30 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Whoah. Bordeaux are a big and storied club. 20k attendance. This is no Accrington Stanley. They planning to phoenix their way back up?

I'm not familiar with how France handles these sort of things.

In Italy they usually send bankrupt clubs into Serie D (4th tier).

Edited by narduch

1 hour ago, phresh said:

The youth club of a team which has produced a countless amount of top level players, the fact it is bankrupt does not strip away its history of developing elite talent. I am pretty sure he bounced around between the U19 and reserves. And if the tweet saying Liga clubs are interested is true then you'd think he has more than a couple suitors

I'm all for him jumping at the best opportunity available. If he can make the leap to La Liga it would be incredible. If I'm not mistaken he only made the bench once for the B squad this season, but I don't know how highly they, or other clubs, rate him. He'll need minutes though and we know CPL squads are incentivised to play Canadian youngsters. His passport makes a move back to Europe a lot easier than it is for others

Edited by Aird25

My gawd, i am happy that the CPL is here but in no ways would this even be an option for him today. Everybody wants the CPL to succeed but let's be realistic about where the level is.

If he flames out in Europe after a couple of years, sure.  I am happy that players like Lucas Dias and probably Jesse Costa have a landing spot if it doesn't work out for them in Europe.

But Swiderski still has a couple of years of development in a European system hopefully

14 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

My gawd, i am happy that the CPL is here but in no ways would this even be an option for him today. Everybody wants the CPL to succeed but let's be realistic about where the level is.

If he flames out in Europe after a couple of years, sure.  I am happy that players like Lucas Dias and probably Jesse Costa have a landing spot if it doesn't work out for them in Europe.

But Swiderski still has a couple of years of development in a European system hopefully

I had no clue this kid was such a phenom but I sure hope you've got a good read on him 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Wonder if it means a move for Sirois or if they would loan GS ?

Swiderski is very young and has never played a professional match. My guess is he bumps Breza (and/or Ketterer) off the roster, but a CPL loan would not be a bad 19 year old season for him. 

Also not entirely opposed to giving a bit of competition to Sirois, he’s had a rough season, I type, as New England just put a 5th behind him. Not entirely his fault, but I’d give GS a shot.

Edited by InglewoodJack