Gregoire Świderski

jordan

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I'm pretty sure that every player will want to be a part of the 2 friendlies, whether on the field or bench.  May never have another chance of playing the Netherlands or France. New coach or not, they will want to take their strongest team. It's last prep for Copa. Greg will probably be involved with training only, is my guess 

Ya I don’t think he’ll be a part of the squad, just there to train with the team like when Dieu Merci-Michel trained with the team I want to say in Edmonton prior to some games

19 hours ago, narduch said:

Man I will be pissed we hold players back for MLS.

Fuck MLS for not honouring the international window.

I agree with the sentiment, but I was curious if the friendlies actually fall in a FIFA match window since they happen before the Euros and Copa America.

To my surprise, they actually do. So club cannot technically hold players back (although we all know that they can apply pressure on players to skip international friendlies, as has happened to many of our players in both sides of the pond before).

6 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

Since they are friendlies, pretty sure they can. 

You may be correct, it's been a while since I paid attention to the rules regarding player release for friendlies.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, narduch said:

Man I will be pissed we hold players back for MLS.

Fuck MLS for not honouring the international window.

True, but for friendlies, it’s not like we need 3 keepers other than for absolute emergency, if one wants to stay back because he’d rather play, then I wouldn’t be too upset.

Though as someone mentioned, maybe he’s getting called up the same way we called in dieu merci Michel or Adam Pearlman just to practice with the team.

Wonder if DSC stays home- could be in a situation where we’re calling in their starting striker and starting keeper and both might not even play. They can’t do anything about it, but maybe we play nice and let them keep their guys this time around. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

On 2/9/2024 at 4:17 PM, InglewoodJack said:

Say what you want about him as a leader, but if you’re out here following Trudeau on IG and you don’t even live in the country… that’s pretty damn Canadian of you

Or Satanical. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Perhaps it wasn't just that he was with Bordeaux  for getting  the call up to train with the senior team. 

Yeah I had figured that he was called because he was in Bordeaux but ironically he wasn’t even with the team then. If we’re calling McGill as 3rd keeper I’d have no issues with bringing him in his place. 

I hope he stays with Bordeaux and wins the starting spot. At 19 and on a big club that would be a dream. Incredible city and stadium. 

9 minutes ago, narduch said:

I assume this means they won't even be in the 3rd tier now?

According to this article, their division is yet to be determined, and apparently it wasn’t even determined if they would’ve played in the third division this season as they had been relegated for financial reasons:

https://www.sudouest.fr/sport/football/girondins-de-bordeaux/girondins-de-bordeaux-le-club-va-abandonner-son-statut-professionnel-les-joueurs-seront-liberes-et-le-centre-de-formation-ferme-20685009.php?csnt=190eaa76151

What is happening is that they’re not renewing their professional license, which, since they were already relegated to the 3rd (semi pro) division, doesn’t automatically trigger further relegation, but it does automatically cancel all player contracts. They apparently have to present their budget to the FFF on how they could manage a team in either 3rd or 4th tier, but per the article, it’s incredibly unlikely that they’re approved for insertion into the 3rd tier. 

It’s a shame that their player contracts got cancelled as I’m sure players like Swiderski and others who could probably be sold for a few hundred thousand could’ve really helped them start to climb out of the hole. Apparently Fenway group was in talks to buy the club but pulled out earlier this week which sounds like is what triggered this.