Gregoire Świderski

jordan

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, phresh said:
On 7/12/2023 at 2:30 PM, jordan said:

Friendly

Abzi started for Pau in a friendly vs Bordeaux, Gregoire Swiderski was the Bordeaux keeper. It was a 1-1 final

Was announced as #3 last summer, but then didn’t make bench appearances till after Christmas I think,  so I didn’t draw attention to this thread since I always say don’t make a thread for a player who has done nothing  

• 6 months later...

Seems to be (or at least has seemed to me to be) pretty highly regarded, so so think I always thought he was a dual nat that was a long shot for us in the future (if he gets to that level of course).

Was surprised to see the amount that he follows Canadian soccer on Instagram (obviously means nothing in the long run but better than not following):

IMG_5039.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Seems to be (or at least has seemed to me to be) pretty highly regarded, so so think I always thought he was a dual nat that was a long shot for us in the future (if he gets to that level of course).

Was surprised to see the amount that he follows Canadian soccer on Instagram (obviously means nothing in the long run but better than not following):

IMG_5039.jpeg

That Pjtrudeau guy, do we have a thread on him?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

https://x.com/tanziloic/status/1789237244647133458?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q
Apparently getting called up to the national team for the friendlies 

The game vs France is in Bordeaux, where he plays. So it's convenient but it may also indicate that we will have an extended squad. He recently played for our U20s.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

The game vs France is in Bordeaux, where he plays. So it's convenient but it may also indicate that we will have an extended squad. He recently played for our U20s.

I figured it’s because it’s in Bordeaux. Minnesota and Portland both have a game during this window so I wonder if one of our regulars stays back. Crepeau, Sirois and Swiderski as the selections maybe. 

5 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I figured it’s because it’s in Bordeaux. Minnesota and Portland both have a game during this window so I wonder if one of our regulars stays back. Crepeau, Sirois and Swiderski as the selections maybe. 

Man I will be pissed we hold players back for MLS.

Fuck MLS for not honouring the international window.

I'm pretty sure that every player will want to be a part of the 2 friendlies, whether on the field or bench.  May never have another chance of playing the Netherlands or France. New coach or not, they will want to take their strongest team. It's last prep for Copa. Greg will probably be involved with training only, is my guess