Match Thread: CONCACAF U-20 - Round of 16 - Canada v Guatemala - June 26, 2022 - 4pm ET/1pm PT

narduch

3 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Sooo whats up with Costa? Injured? The coach doesn't like him anymore?

Ya, don’t like that he didn’t get another chance, when many other players on the team have stunk it up at times

Edited by TOcanadafan

After all the recent World Cup qualifying success, it's good to remember what it's like to be a Canadian soccer fan. Two matches today against inferior opposition, and we've watched three hours of soccer (so far) without seeing a goal — just like the bad old days. (Though the CWNT were very unlucky not to score at the end of added time.)

Edited by Treppy2
spelling

At least I am enjoying this. We have been better since the first subs, as we at least have got some more pressure on the ball. Wright is not that sort of player and that is a bit of luxury, a target striker coasting and drifting with no bite.

Then a few players with a bit of a tilt and a better attitude on the pitch. 

I like Campagna, Knight-Lebel seems okay. Smith is classy and if he had 2-3 more partners he'd look better still. Poku is a solid player. Habibullah has been very good since on. We took it mostly to them and probably had the better chances. Their keeper is quite good. I see they took off their leading scorer, or so they said, Ordoñez, which I think is helping us.

We have one more sub left if I count right.