Match Thread: CONCACAF U-20 - Group Stage - Canada v St. Kitts and Nevis - June 22, 2022 - 4pm ET/1pm PT

narduch

Is Mbongue sick or something? Both Wright and Coimbra look way more mobile and engaged than he has all tournament. And I know that bigger guys may sometimes appear lazy because they move different, but Wright and Coimbra are chonkers, too, so he can't even use that excuse. Extremely disappointing from him

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

Why is Coimbra not playing more? Thought the guy was making shit happen

Is he new to the program? Could be just easing him in and some trust issues with coaching staff?

He had a few fluffed chances today and tame efforts but he had efforts which was a marked improvement from the first half. Definitely looks like he has potential and has a decent frame on him.

6 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

The way we are playing especially with those crappy footy fields, I just can't see us getting past Mexico in the QF. 

Mexico is looking very dominating and good. 

Thoughts? 

I agree that getting past Mexico will be extremely hard, maybe 5% chance. However, I think the crappy field only helps us against them.

ETA: We somehow kept USA to a draw. No clue how well the US and Mexico stack up, but that does give me a sliver of hope

6 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

The way we are playing especially with those crappy footy fields, I just can't see us getting past Mexico in the QF. 

Mexico is looking very dominating and good. 

Thoughts? 

Styles make fights but no I wouldn't bet on Canada beating Mexico 

Edited by SpursFlu