Match Thread: CONCACAF U-20 - Group Stage - Canada v St. Kitts and Nevis - June 22, 2022 - 4pm ET/1pm PT

narduch

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

This team is atrocious - whether its personnel, tactics, coaching, or maybe a mix of all the above but it seems like it would take a miracle to qualify

That why I resisted the idea that it was overly cyclical to think that the Us might pound us.  There is nothing remarkable about the bays this team plays and aside from Smith there has been almost nothing positive to take away from the play I have seen so far.   

Rida has so much talent but plays like he shouldn't be here.  Body language after passes he messes up is horrible. 

Really need to get more numbers forward in the attacking third, having Assi and Habibullah so wide is useless, they aren't crossing players nor is there a single option to play into.  

3 minutes ago, gator said:

Well that was pretty awful all round, we look out of ideas already but I'm a glass half full guy, if this score holds we will advance!😀

Glass half full I would say we haven't tried any ideas either, so if we have even 1 idea in the second half there is that. 

Having to play games of this importance in horrific pitches like this is atrocious. I don't think that changes our lack of killer instinct or up our attacking threat but in general in general the pitch doesn't help anyone.

Just now, toontownman said:

Having to play games of this importance in horrific pitches like this is atrocious. I don't think that changes our lack of killer instinct or up our attacking threat but in general in general the pitch doesn't help anyone.

Sure, but the other teams played in similarly terrible conditions and have blasted 16 goals past them.   The level of play here is unacceptable. 

7 minutes ago, Floortom said:

This team is atrocious - whether its personnel, tactics, coaching, or maybe a mix of all the above but it seems like it would take a miracle to qualify

after 45 mins it's clear our players or certainly  the starting  XI are just not good enough. We had chances but not 1 player has struck the ball well. Very slow in moving and passing the ball. You can't put the poor play this half on the coaches. There's also poor body language out there. Zero intensity