Match Thread: CONCACAF U-20 - Group Stage - Canada v USA - June 20, 2022 - 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT

narduch

2 minutes ago, costarg said:

Or as a CANMNT 2026 fan.

CFM soulda been playing this guy instead of Camacho since last year, CANMNT woulda had another option.

Off topic, I don’t mind Ferdinand but I think Yao is gonna be the stud defender in MTL for years to come

11 minutes ago, Canuckistan2019 said:

This all comes down to coaching cause the kids are looking clueless out there. No off ball movement what’s so ever and everytime we do have the ball we panic and quickly lose the ball 

why does this guy biello have the job ? Man oh man i still expect us to lose 2-1

You are probably right, with your assessment that the lack of off the ball movement is down to poor coaching. But I would assume Biello isn't telling guys that came to camp with good off the ball habits and told them to NOT run to get into spaces when they don't have the ball. They should already be capable of that kind of thing before getting to camp and should be doing it by default with this team.

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Well you can't expect to defend for a full 90 and survive.

Never understood that approach when you have that much time left to play.  Defend for 15 or 20 minutes?  Sure.  But playing that way for an entire half is a pretty low percentage approach.  

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Never understood that approach when you have that much time left to play.  Defend for 15 or 20 minutes?  Sure.  But playing that way for an entire half is a pretty low percentage approach.  

Also invariably the defending team ends up conceding and having to change tactics and attack to try and get back in the game anyway. Drove me nuts with Newcastle the past decade.