Match Thread: CONCACAF U-20 - Group Stage - Canada v USA - June 20, 2022 - 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT

narduch

Just now, VinceA said:

Both Fullbacks being unwilling to bomb forward on counter attacks is driving me nuts. They pass the halfway line and then slow down.

Maybe it’s tactics?

But I noticed the same. It’s always a cutback into he middle.

Campagna seems a bit nervous. Unwilling to make runs, and not properly weighting some of his passes. 

Keesean Ferdinand is giving me some Doneil Henry vibes, I wouldn’t want to be on the other end of one of his challenges but I won’t be surprised when he’s penalized. 

Wright is a beast, but without a lot of pace we haven’t been able to link up with him too much up top.

once again, outside of Smith we’re struggling to control possession much in the mid.

Smith has been our best player and he’s so damn good. Nice are likely losing their top 2 CBs so there will be a chance for him there although I’ve never seen him play at CB if it’s anything like him at CDM he’ll have no problems getting minutes next year and if he can become a starter(which is unlikely tbf) he will have a great chance to be on the World Cup team. Back on this game though him and Zouhir seem like the only ones are comfortable but smith is so calm his tackle are perfect and dribbling is incredible and I didn’t even mention his great passing for sure one who will have no trouble breaking into the first team sometime soon

I don’t know how many times that we have won the ball just outside of our box and everyone who doesn’t have the ball, just stands there.  No one moves into space to receive it so the player generally gets dispossessed; and if the fullbacks do get it, they just look up the field where both strikers are bombing forward with 3 or 4 yanks back so no one to play the ball to and they don’t look behind them or to the side to see anyone willing to receive it which eventually leads to the yanks dispossessing them.  And the odd time the ball has been played to a player into space, that player takes so much time he ultimately gets dispossessed or he makes a terrible pass and gives it away.  It’s really painful to watch.