Match Thread: CONCACAF U-20 - Group Stage - Canada v USA - June 20, 2022 - 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT

narduch

I hope to see our best from the start. 

We didn’t look like we were playing at 4-3-3, it looked more like a 4-5-1.

But here’s my XI…

—————Wright—————
Habibullah——————Assi

—————Zouhir——————
——Poku—————Smith
Abatneh-Campagna-KL-Franklin

If we play with that middle we had to start last game, we will get St Kittsed.

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Gonna say a hard fought 2-0 or 3-1 defeat to the states. 

I'd absolutely take that. I'll be okay with any non-ridiculous score line as long as the effort and fight is there. I just don't want to watch us get pinned into our 18 yard box like St. Kitts did.

We won't be able to stop them from scoring, at least go down swinging. 

I am excited. I get all the negativity after the Cuba match but these are just young kids that have barely spent anytime together.

Loved what I saw from Smith. Not only was he completely composed under pressure with the ball. But he made all the right passes and dribbled the ball more than I expected. I fully expect that he will be a huge part of 2026 run and has an outside chance of cracking this world cup with a couple of injures. He is very versatile, Herdman loses versatility. 

You must remember that most likely there maybe 2 or 4 of these players that will ever be a regular with the CMNT.

Look forward to seeing more Franklin, Zouhir, Franklin, Poku.

Also wanting to watch more Costa. It was only one game in these his development.

I fully expect them to lose tonight but I am ready to be surprised

Hopefully we are able to look better as the underdog, playing a counter attacking style and frustrating the Americans the way Cuba frustrated us. It definitely didn’t look like we could break down a team that is playing a defensive/counter attacking team, so hopefully we’re better against a team that wants to take the game to us. At the very least, I’d like to see a competitive game that gives me hope that we can take our Mexico in the QF if we meet them there.