Renditions of BMO Field expansion for the 2026 World Cup.

Cblake

11 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I thought his curtains comment was funny, let's call it "drapery". So my scaffolding was to reference the towers holding up the roofs at BMO. 

BC Place got called "tampon" in the early years, and plenty of bowl-like stadiums are "toilets". 

We've got 2 for a World Cup and it's fun to chirp at each other. 

yes ..all in fun,btw i love my summer nights at bmo ,not so much march and nov and the 12 dollar beers

On 6/28/2022 at 8:53 AM, reggietfc said:

yes ..all in fun,btw i love my summer nights at bmo ,not so much march and nov and the 12 dollar beers

I was at a 'Caps match in April, when I was home for a visit, and I paid $82 for 4 beers inside BC Place. Twelve bucks for a beer is very reasonable, in comparison!

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I was at a 'Caps match in April, when I was home for a visit, and I paid $82 for 4 beers inside BC Place. Twelve bucks for a beer is very reasonable, in comparison!

I wonder how high beer prices will get until there is some sort of action… i thought $20 would be the limit, I guess not. $25? $30?   Just for comparison, I quickly searched beer prices at Old Trafford - £3 for 500 mL in 2021.  It’s such a joke that North Americans stand for the high prices (both ticket prices and concessions). 

40 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

I wonder how high beer prices will get until there is some sort of action… i thought $20 would be the limit, I guess not. $25? $30?   Just for comparison, I quickly searched beer prices at Old Trafford - £3 for 500 mL in 2021.  It’s such a joke that North Americans stand for the high prices (both ticket prices and concessions). 

You can't buy an alcoholic beverage at a sporting event in Spain. 

Just drink elsewhere and leave your hands free to support the team. This beer obsession gets childish at times and those selling it prey on a tired old tradition. Drink before, drink after, it's not so complicated. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You can't buy an alcoholic beverage at a sporting event in Spain. 

Just drink elsewhere and leave your hands free to support the team. This beer obsession gets childish at times and those selling it prey on a tired old tradition. Drink before, drink after, it's not so complicated. 

Agreed, anyone who pays above market price for anything like that is a sucker.  Just stop buying. A long time ago an old work colleague and former druggie/alcoholic told me you don't need to drink to have fun.  I pretty much stopped then. He was right.

Is it wrong that I actually love the look of BMO in the drawings? 

I think Im so conditioned against the Big O, Skydome, BC place, anything with significant amounts of visible concrete / inside vibes, that the openness is just beautiful in comparison. 

Also, the migrant death toll will be zero, so...

I think people are hypersensitive to comparing our stadiums with others.  For instance, there was nothing  special about the stadium used for the U20s, in fact it looked very cheap.  The nicest stadiums we have IGF/Mosaic just aren't used (much) for our NTs  Also soccer and football aren't our number one sport like soccer is in most countries.  If there was a soccer equivalent to the Leafs or Habs then we would likely have stadiums more akin to the EPL etc. JMO

4 hours ago, Califax said:

Is it wrong that I actually love the look of BMO in the drawings? 

I think Im so conditioned against the Big O, Skydome, BC place, anything with significant amounts of visible concrete / inside vibes, that the openness is just beautiful in comparison. 

Also, the migrant death toll will be zero, so...

There are plenty of construction deaths yearly. Furthermore, canada aint perfect... https://www.migrantworker.ca/news/media-archive/ . And there will be mistakes made for the 2026 WC and a multi-million dollar public inquiry to follow. You can bet on it. 

Might as well have a nice stadium and just plan to do it in an equitable way. Those two things can happen simultaneously. Lets go Tannenbaum! 

On 6/24/2022 at 5:28 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

You're the one like a racoon trapped amongst patio furniture ripping up the upholstery.

It will be the bar none worst stadium in 2026 and part of that is by choice. Live with it. 

BMO Field will absolutely be the worst-looking stadium in the 2026 World Cup. That much is true.

The fact that you think this hurts me in any way is hilarious. It must be because I refuse to bow to your superior knowledge of a stadium that you consistently demonstrate to have no actual knowledge of.

After a week off from this board, this is the first notification I checked. Happy Canada Day!

40 minutes ago, RS said:

BMO Field will absolutely be the worst-looking stadium in the 2026 World Cup. That much is true.

The fact that you think this hurts me in any way is hilarious. It must be because I refuse to bow to your superior knowledge of a stadium that you consistently demonstrate to have no actual knowledge of.

After a week off from this board, this is the first notification I checked. Happy Canada Day!

Some actual knowledge of, wouldn't you say?

Happy Canada Day!

On 7/1/2022 at 3:23 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Some actual knowledge of, wouldn't you say?

Happy Canada Day!

You provide a ton of knowledge on everything in this forum but any opinion of anything Toronto related or English football related I throw it out the window. Too much obvious bias.

10 hours ago, Ruffian said:

You provide a ton of knowledge on everything in this forum but any opinion of anything Toronto related or English football related I throw it out the window. Too much obvious bias.

I once pitched a tent and slept inside Exhibition Stadium, probably before you were born, so, as Norm McDonald would say, "I know it's not Grade 11 Biology but it's something."